Southampton - Opposition Views

CHOULO19

Josh Harris has been kind enough to answer a few questions ahead of our match with Southampton on Saturday. Here is what he had to say:

- Let’s start with how long have you been a Saints fan?
I have been a Saints fan since I was brought into the world.
- Midway through, what have you made of Southampton’s season so far?
I've enjoyed every minute, we've really tested some of the best teams in the world and have been unlucky not to pick up more points. It's great to be back where we belong.
- Is the FA cup a priority for you or would you rather rest players to keep them fresh for the league?
Premier League status is the priority, but I think we will put a half-weakened team out against Chelsea. After watching QPR beat them I think we have our tails up a little bit.
- What business do you think you should be doing with the market open now?
well Adkins has said he won't sign a goalkeeper, so central defence is priority. There are some rumours flying around already.
- Chelsea has been quick in signing Demba Ba from Newcastle, who is likely to start the game on Saturday. How do you rate him?
I think Ba is a great player, I'm not sure if Chelsea was the right move for him, but I think it was the right move for Chelsea, it will release some pressure from Torres and I think Ba will start against us, if not, I'm sure he'll be introduced at some point.
- If you could have one Chelsea player at Southampton, who would it be and why?
To be honest, I'd probably take Gary Cahill at the moment, we need a centre-back and he's solid defensively and he's English, something that we seem to go for in our transfers.
- Who has been your stand out player this season and who should we look out for?
Jack Cork has come back from injury and turned our form around, him and Morgan Schniederlin have formed a fantastic partnership in the middle, I think the pair of them are top class. They are the engines in our team, unfortunately because they aren't goal scorers, they don't seem to get enough credit.
- Chelsea under Benitez has been consistently inconsistent. How tough an opponent do you expect? The Chelsea who lost to QPR or the one that demolished Villa?
always expect the worst, I would never underestimate a team like Chelsea and I don't think our fans will. I think we will be quietly optimistic though, after picking up a point against Arsenal, pushing both Manchester clubs to the end - we have every right to feel confident. Our youngsters are the next best thing too, so even if our team is weakened, we should give a good account of ourselves.
- What is your likely line-up and formation for the match?
it's a tough one because I don't know who will be rested but:
Gk Paulo Gazzaniga
Rb Frazer Richardson cb Jos Hooiveld cb Aaron Martin lb Danny fox
Rm Steve de Ridder cm Ben reeves cm James ward prowse Lm Emmanuel mayuka st tadanari lee st jay Rodriquez
4-4-2 formation with possibly Lee just behind j Rodriquez

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic