Nathaniel Clyne

cujo101

I believe that Nathaniel Clyne would be an excellent soultion to the problem of a 2nd/back up right back.The 21 year old is at Crystal Palace and his contract is up so compensation would need to be paid but it would only be around the £2m mark. Clyne is a talented young player with a bright future and would fit the bill in the mould of Bertrand on the left as well as helping the english quota.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't heard much about him, or seen him play. But, from the highlight videos he looks to be quick and a good passer, with decent crossing. It's pretty hard to get a good feel for his defensive ability from a highlight reel though. If I had to guess, I'd say he was a winger that got converted to RB at the academy level.

I assume someone out there has seen him play more - how does he look?

At 2mil or less, he seems like a smart buy regardless. He'd certainly be on lower wages than Paulo and VDW if nothing else. I don't see why we couldn't replace both Bosingwa and Paulo with VDW and Clyne. I'm sure they'd both learn a lot as Ivanovic's understudies.Oh the other hand, haven't no vetran EPL-player depth at right back would be concerning.

i like what we have already at RB in our academy. but with him being available on the cheap,might be worth getting anyway(loan him out if needs be for a year and if he`s not Chelsea standard should still be able to sell him on and recoup whatever we would have had to pay in compo to get him) when i`ve seen him play he doesn't appear to have any glaring problems with his defending but i`ve only seen a "handful" of games and it was against a lower level of opposition obviously..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You