Mikel's Coming Home

BlueLion.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'd rather have Mikel back than Essien at the moment, i think he's been more important for us this season, and in my opinion Essien hasn't been at his best many times during this campaign for us

I think i'd rather have Mikel back than Essien at the moment, i think he's been more important for us this season, and in my opinion Essien hasn't been at his best many times during this campaign for us

Yup i would agree with that, although having either back to play alongside Lampard and Essien would be a huge bonus. Will be good to have a first choice central midfield again, and just in time to play the Scousers.

Yup i would agree with that, although having either back to play alongside Lampard and Essien would be a huge bonus. Will be good to have a first choice central midfield again, and just in time to play the Scousers.

I'm not sure how the midfield will be changed around by Avram to be honest, Maka, Ballack, Coley and Wrighty have all been excellent, i think if anyone is to be dropped it should be Malouda

I'm not sure how the midfield will be changed around by Avram to be honest, Maka, Ballack, Coley and Wrighty have all been excellent, i think if anyone is to be dropped it should be Malouda

Well maka will go back to being rested and saved for the big games. SWP won't be played in the centre after everyone is back and isn't as influential down the wings. The difficulty will be deciding how to play and rotate Mikel, Essien, Lampard and Ballack.

Personally I think we will continue in a 4-3-3, with Essien/Mikel/Makelele in the holding role and Ballack and Lamps pushing forward. Essien can rotate with Ballack and Lamps and play in a more offensive role like he did against Rosenborg to ensure squad fitness. Its a great problem for us to have.

And one we havent had in a while...

Just hope they're not rushing Lampard back...

Mikel back be a good thing as long as he doesnt do something stupid!

Then again it seems all he has to do is look at another player and get booked for it

Personally I think we will continue in a 4-3-3, with Essien/Mikel/Makelele in the holding role and Ballack and Lamps pushing forward. Essien can rotate with Ballack and Lamps and play in a more offensive role like he did against Rosenborg to ensure squad fitness. Its a great problem for us to have.

I agree, however this is going to be the first time we have really had to deal with it for these midfielders. Before we have either had injuries or Mikel just learning and also playing the diamond to keep them all in the team. Now only 3 of 4 absolute top top class midfielders are going to play every game...

I agree, however this is going to be the first time we have really had to deal with it for these midfielders. Before we have either had injuries or Mikel just learning and also playing the diamond to keep them all in the team. Now only 3 of 4 absolute top top class midfielders are going to play every game...

That's the risk of playing for a huge club - Ballack and Mikel knew they would have to fight for their place when they signed, and therefore the players should be aware of that fact.