Lucas Torreira

OneMoSalah

21 y/o Uruguayan central midfield player at Sampdoria. Not sure there was a thread for him.

Watched the Sampdoria-Juventus game today and thought he was outstanding. Really does everything, good with the ball, wins it back, covers a lot of ground, retains ball well under opposition pressure.. he really looks like a complete MF player.

One to keep an eye on come the summer, think he will not be short of suitors. Maybe striking a deal for him and loaning him back to Sampdoria for another season would be more like sense unless he was to get regular game time here but he is a real talent. Somebody will snap him up in the next summer for sure if they don’t in January. I think he’d be a good alternative to Fabregas, much more mobile, maybe not got as good a passing range but he would be a good option to look at. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

21 y/o Uruguayan central midfield player at Sampdoria. Not sure there was a thread for him.

Watched the Sampdoria-Juventus game today and thought he was outstanding. Really does everything, good with the ball, wins it back, covers a lot of ground, retains ball well under opposition pressure.. he really looks like a complete MF player.

One to keep an eye on come the summer, think he will not be short of suitors. Maybe striking a deal for him and loaning him back to Sampdoria for another season would be more like sense unless he was to get regular game time here but he is a real talent. Somebody will snap him up in the next summer for sure if they don’t in January. I think he’d be a good alternative to Fabregas, much more mobile, maybe not got as good a passing range but he would be a good option to look at. 

What I seen of him he seems like he's a good player You can See a bit of Verratti in him 

Jose's fetish for height was silly, but I am not smiling at the idea of partnering Torreira and Kante in the Premier League. Though, we are getting more and more technical players here all the time - but it's the 'smaller' games like West Brom, Stoke etc. that it'd be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, Leif said:

Jose's fetish for height was silly, but I am not smiling at the idea of partnering Torreira and Kante in the Premier League. Though, we are getting more and more technical players here all the time - but it's the 'smaller' games like West Brom, Stoke etc. that it'd be an issue.

Don’t see the height as a major issue considering we set up with Baka Kante and Cesc in MF, Baka is 6 ft plus where as Kante and Cesc are both under 5 ft 10. I think throughout the team we have got decent enough height with whoever plays CB with Azpi, Alonso, Bakayoko and Morata usually in starting 11. Torreira has good aggression and likes to get stuck in to tackles, has a bit more tactical nous having played as a holding midfielder and his mobility is a good plus as well, would make him a good option or replacement for Cesc.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You