1961 FA Youth Cup Final

Hi All,

Got an assignment in soon for my Sports Journo course at uni, and we have to do a feature on an event from 50 years ago; 1961.

Chosen to do the 1961 FA Youth Cup final (which chelsea won blue%20scalf.gif ) but have struggled to find too much info on it, other than wiki's team line up. Maybe aimed at some of the older members of the forum, but does anyone have an info about the final, maybe in some old Chelsea books or anything. Bit of a wild request maybe but i thought it'd be worth a shot, considering a lot of the older boys on here have a lot of CFC knowledge. I've emailed Rick Glanvill but he just hasnt replied so I'm drawing up new places to search for information haha.

ANOTHER request, part of this feature is interviewing someone who had something to do with the final, i.e. someone that played. If anyone has any contact details for any ex-Chelsea players, who played in the final, even an email address, this would be VERY helpful. Again, perhaps a wild request, but definately worth a shot.

Anybody that can help, i will be very grateful

Tom

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt there's much available because it was such a long time ago and only a Youth Cup.

But see

THE THURSDAY INTERVIEW: YOUTH CUP VETERANS

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2042652,00.html

THE THURSDAY INTERVIEW: TERRY VENABLES

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2300737,00.html

Also try contacting these guys: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/archive/

• 2 weeks later...

still struggling with contact details!

Just to reitorate, if anyone has any info of any sort, including contact details of any kinds, of players that might have player (venables, harris, a harris etc.) it will be a massive, MASSIVE help haha