Manchester United - Opposition Views

CHOULO19

Liam Bewsher was kind enough to answer a few short questions ahead of our clash with United tonight. Here's what he had to say:

-First, how long have you been a United fan?
Ive been united fan since 2003.
-It must feel weird going into the season without SAF. Can Moyes, in your opinion, fill his shoes? And do you think united can make the transition from the Ferguson era to a new one smoothly?
It feels very strange not having SAF on the touchline. Having grown up seeing him on TV and when i go to Old Trafford. And now hes not there, however i believe David Moyes will bring success. I believe that in competitions such as the FA Cup he wont make any gambles in team selections. Eg like chelsea away last season.
-As united, you're always expected to win the league, but the competition this year looks tougher than it has been for years. How do you rate your chances in retaining your tittle? And what are your expectations from united outside the PL?
I believe that united have a strong squad in terms of depth despite not really strengthening so far in the summer transfer window. But i believe that we will look for a central midfielder that we have been looking for since the departure of Roy Keane back in 2005/6. I believe that we will definately get a top 3 finish but im not so sure what we will do in the big games such as playing the likes of chelsea and manchester city.
-A lot of united fans are frustrated by the lack of business the club has made in the transfer market. What's your take on that? And who would you like to see come in before the window closes?
Im slightly frustrated about the fact that united havent brought in a marquee signing. Due to the fact that SAF said that we were in line for a big signing to be made. But i believe the speculation of Rooneys future in the press and mourinhos comments have been too unsettling for the club to make things happen in the transfer window.
-Speaking of transfers, you knew this one was coming: Rooney. What do you make of the whole saga? And what color shirt, do you believe, Wayne will be wearing on September 3rd?
Haha well i believe that wayne rooney needs to buckle down and settle for being a manchester united player. I believe that he should say what he wants and that the issue should be sorted out a bit. I think he should take a leaf out of javier hernandez's book as he has a fantastic attitude and never complains about being dropped or on the bench.
-Mata has been rumored to be heading in the other direction in the Rooney deal. Would you like him at Manchester? Do you think he would fit in your squad?
Listen i think Juan Mata would improve almost any squad in Europe except for barcelonas. I think Juan would fit in. Hed probably take michael carricks place in the team due to them being a similar style of player. Due to the fact that juan mata is very good at controlling and influencing the game and is better at running with the ball and has a great free kick with his sweet left foot.
-Our games together always attract huge attention. How important, do you think, is Monday's game to the tittle race? And how important is it for Moyes as his first major game at the club?
Theres few games that are better than man utd vs chelsea. Due to the fact that theyre so unpredictable. However even though its early in the season, if united were to win today then it would send out a big message due to the fact that everyone who is challenging. (City,Arsenal,Chelsea) would all have dropped 3 points early on so it wouldnt matter in terms of league position if they were to be beaten at anfield or the etihad in our next few games. I think Moyes has proved himself with everton against everyone except for the top 6 clubs. But i think with the array of talent he has at Old Trafford he has a great chance to prove his managerial credentials with manchester united and to prove the doubters wrong.
-In the opposite dugout, we'll obviously have the special one back. What do you make of Jose Mourinho, in general, and his return to Chelsea in particular?
Well Jose always provides spice to most fixtures. Hes certainly very entertaining and i think he will guide Chelsea to success. But i dont think it will be as easy as last time as the league is getting stronger. Eg I dont think he will beat his record points tally. However i think it will be toughened by the fact that he doesnt have a monster of a striker like Didier Drogba but i believe that he may be the one to get torres back on track as a goalscorer and to be as clinical as he was at liverpool.
-Apart of Mata, which Chelsea player would you like at Manchester? Why?
I would love to have Eden Hazard at manchester united. He is one of the most tricky players in the league. He has sublime skill. But something i like a lot about him is that he isnt like nani and ashley young. Because he directly attacks the full backs and puts them under constant pressure. Eden Hazard for me is an amazing talent for his age and has the potential to beat Gareth Bale.
-What kind of game are you expecting? Open with a lot of chances or tight with the odd goal?
I believe that this game will have patches where it is open but i believe the strikers and centre backs will play a key role. I believe chelsea will be more counter attacking due to Old Trafford being such a tough place to go to. But i believe that it will in the end be settled by the odd goal.
-What formation is Moyes likely to use on Monday? Do you expect many changes from the Swansea game?
I believe that Moyes is probably going to play a similar formation to the one he played against swansea. United were exceptional at attacking when they got the ball and maybe couldve scored a couple more goals, had giggs put his rebound away from welbecks shot and if Michel Vorm didnt pull out an outstanding save on Phil Jones volley. I believe that we will have a real dilemma on the right back position, because chris smalling is a more defensive right back, but phil jones is more attacking. I believe jones will play there because he dealt with ronaldo reasonably well and i believe he is the best option to stop Eden Hazard. I also believe wayne rooney will start to show mourinho that he is a united player and is committed to the club.
-Finally, please predict the scoreline.
I believe that it will finish 2-0 to united. I believe that the main difference will be Robin Van Persie. I believe that despite of chelseas brilliant attacking options that Demba Ba or Torres up front will not have many chances on goal due to our strong defensive partnership of Vidic and Rio. Sorry Chelsea fans on that result prediction.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic