Southampton Preview & Tips

David Lenton

Before I begin my Chelsea v Southampton preview and betting tips article let me introduce myself. Im David L tipster, writer and chief editor for http://www.cheekypunter.com/'>cheekypunter.com

Im an ex professional online sports bettor and poker player and now dedicate my time to running my website while betting sports on the side. Jim has kindly invited me onto TalkChelsea.net to write some match previews for upcoming Chelsea games and hopefully help you guys win a few quid as well.

You can find out more gripping info about me on the Cheeky Punter about page but now onto the preview and my tips.

Chelsea thrashed Stoke 0-4 at the Britannia last time out and if there's one thing they'll expect from this game it's to score goals and plenty of them. Three points against the Saints will pull the Blues within 4 points of second placed Man City and will close the gap to league leaders United to 11 points.

After a rocky start to the season Southampton are no unbeaten in their last four league games managing a win and three draws to pull them out of the relegation zone into 15th place. A very questionable penalty got them over the line at Villa Park last time out but to be brutally honest they'll come to Stamford Bridge expecting very little out of the game.

Form

Chelsea: WLWLW

Southampton: DDDLW

Latest meeting

Southampton 1 Chelsea 5 FA Cup Third Round Jan 5th 2013.

Previous Line Ups

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cole, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Bertrand, Ramiers, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Ba

Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Ramirez, Cork, Puncheon, Lambert, Rodriguez

Team News

Chelsea are without the on form Victor Moses who's now joined up with Nigeria for international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. John Obi Mikel is also unavailable also on international duty with Nigeria.

Romeu is out with a knee injury and isn't expected back any time soon.

Southampton come to the Bridge without star man Adam Lallana who's out with an injured knee. Jose Fonte, defender, is also out with a knee injury for the Saints.

Luke Shaw will face a late fitness test on a gashed leg injury and if fit will be welcomed back into the team at fullback with open arms.

Chelsea v Southampton Betting Tips

Chelsea are priced at 1/4 to pick up the win against Southampton so theres very little value in backing them to win the match outright. You can get 5/1 on draw and a massive 14/1 on a Saints win reflecting the fact that theyve got virtually no chance at the Bridge.

(For additional tips check out this http://www.cheekypunter.com/tips/chelsea-v-southampton-betting-tips/'>Chelsea v Southampton tips article written by Christopher Morris Cheeky Punters main man for the Premier League)

Over/Under 3.5 Goals The first bet Im going to recommend for the Chelsea v Southampton game is the over on 3.5 goals which is currently priced best at 5/4 with BetVictor.

In the previous meeting between these two sides there were 6 goals with both teams getting on the score sheet. Chelsea managed to put 4 past Stoke away from home last time out, which is no mean feat, and will be licking their lips at the prospect of a home fixture against Southampton.

With both Demba Ba and Fernando Torres to choose from and midfield which has produced goals all season long I can see Chelsea racking up a hat full against a weak Southampton side.

To Win Both Halves This isnt a bet I would normally recommend but with all Chelsea players priced so short in the goalscoring markets Ive looked to the Win Both Halves market to find value.

Chelsea are priced at 6/4 with Paddy Power to win both halves of this game. Before I saw the odds available I was expecting them to be an odds on price so naturally I cant help but feel this is a good value wager.

Theyve certainly got the attacking power and defensive quality to win both halves of this game and with Torres and Ba both likely to feature at some point, one subbed for the other in the second half, Im expecting goals in both halves of the game for Chelsea.

Tips Summary

- Over 3.5 goals at best odds of 5/4 with BetVictor.

- Chelsea to win both halves of the game at best odds 6/4 with Paddy Power.

By http://plus.google.com/105879536352210710829?rel=author'>David Lenton

http://www.talkchelsea.net/_/match-previews/southampton-preview-tips-r195'>Click here to view the article

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic