Wigan 1 - 1 Chelsea: The Win Slips Away

CareFreeChronic

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on with the Cole analysis, I thought we would've gotten at least a couple in the first half were he having a better day. In general the work-rate put in by our players was unacceptable, especially by our midfield that was almost static in the first half.

I thought that AVB did well with the tactical changes and the subs (considering the players he had on the bench), and maybe the proof that he was let down by the players is the fact that the late goal we conceded was a combination of three schoolboy errors by each of Iva, Bos, and Cech.

Concur with most of your analysis Carefree & glad you highlighted the Romeu substitution as I've said this should happen many times in the past when playing teams that park the bus. However at 1 - 0 the game is far from safe no matter who you play against, taking off your most offensive weapons in Mata & especially Sturridge was just inviting trouble & I'm afraid AVB paid the price because we were far too negative, Wigan however should be given more credit for their performance as a draw was the least they deserved.