Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Opposition Scout Report: Wigan Athletic

CareFreeChronic

Recent back-to-back 2-1 away victories over Sunderland and West Brom have relieved some of the pressure on Wigan and its manager Roberto Martinez, but Wigan are still very much in a relegation battle. I don't know what Martinez has asked from Santa this Christmas but I'm sure he didn't want this holiday fixture list: Chelsea (H), Liverpool (H) and Manchester United (A).

They have a good attacking left side, led by tricky Moses, but silly defensive mistakes have been they down fall. Chelsea has ditched the high line and the possession game in recent matches but this might be the one to return to the "old" formula. Here's my scout report.

http://carefreechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/chelsea-opposition-scout-report-wigan.html

Cheers!

Recent back-to-back 2-1 away victories over Sunderland and West Brom have relieved some of the pressure on Wigan and its manager Roberto Martinez, but Wigan are still very much in a relegation battle. I don't know what Martinez has asked from Santa this Christmas but I'm sure he didn't want this holiday fixture list: Chelsea (H), Liverpool (H) and Manchester United (A).

They have a good attacking left side, led by tricky Moses, but silly defensive mistakes have been they down fall. Chelsea has ditched the high line and the possession game in recent matches but this might be the one to return to the "old" formula. Here's my scout report.

http://carefreechron...port-wigan.html

Cheers!

I think we have the ability to pass them of the field if we start the attack from the back, just like we did at the Reebok, especially with Luiz coming back for this one. Do you agree? Or is their midfield better than Bolton's?