Chelsea fought off interest from several European clubs to land Egypt winger Mohamed Salah, according to Basel president Bernhard Heusler.The 21-year-old, who scored against the Blues for Basel in the Champions League earlier this season, completed his £11m move to Stamford Bridge on Sunday and arrived in west London as a replacement for Juan Mata.Liverpool were keen on the winger but were ultimately gazumped by their Premier League rivals, and Heusler says the Reds were the not the only club interested in the wideman.He told TMW: "There were numerous contacts with many European teams, but none have been as clear and decisive as Chelsea."When one of the five most important clubs in the world shows a major contract to our player and at the same time makes a generous offer to our club, it is not realistic to say no."We have not sold Salah because we needed money - we only allowed him to realise his dream of playing for one of the best clubs in the Premier League."Basel president on the deal. Source: http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-new-boy-salah-was-wanted-host-clubs-claims-basel-chief-14012777318#Dwh267XhChQvCy8v.99