Daniel Jarque

the wes

Chelsea have been given the green light to sign defender Daniel Jarque if they can meet the buy-out clause in his deal.

The Blues have been strongly linked with a move for the Espanyol star and for the first time the La Liga outfit have admitted the player could move on in the summer.

Espanyol chairman Daniel Sanchez Llibre has said they will not stand in the player's way if someone comes in and matches their valuation and that will make Chelsea favourites.

"The professionals have a short career and I'd totally understand if Jarque left if he received a great offer from another club," Llibre said. "People have to understand that he is to leave it'll be for the good of everybody. 99 percent of the fans understand those things.

"Jarque had been exceptional for Espanyol. He signed a new contract a year ago and while his deal was not for a long time, he accepted to include a buy-out clause.

"Besides in the last few months he told us he would only leave Espanyol if he received an offer that would permit him to earn more money."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/708296.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two criticisms...

1) We don't even know the player

2) We don't need another defender

I'd be thinking along the lines of getting rid of Ben Haim more than anything else. Why bring in a defender whom we don't even know and don't even need!

I think apparently he's liked with Sp*rs as well. I say let him go there

Edited by CJ Revo

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You