Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Yea definetly agree on that, Charlie Adam would be great deal. Why can't we be interested in those players? we just aim at 30+ mils players :(:)

Because we can buy Charlie Adam or Pastore?

If you give me the choice i will take Pastore!

But if Palermo does not want to sell Pastore, then Charlie Adam would be a descent choice.

True, tactically he is crap. However, I'm not sure that being a great tactician is so important in a knock out competition (look at Capello with England).

Redknapp will play a 4-5-1 style that will get the best out of Torres, but his main strength is that players always give 100% for him and like him.

Players liked Ancelotti too. And if he's such a great motivator, how come Spurs slid out of CL position by losing and drawing games they should have won over the last two months of the season?

Rafa will play 4-5-1 and he WILL get the best out of Torres. I've said this already, Benetiz isn't first choice but he's better than Rednapp. Which tells me Rednapp isn't much of a choice at all.

I suggest Redknapp admirers to study his stints at Southampton and Pompey and see how he left them in the lurch.

This. ^

The man is awful when it comes to money! As bad as Rafa in his last window with Liverpool..

Players liked Ancelotti too. And if he's such a great motivator, how come Spurs slid out of CL position by losing and drawing games they should have won over the last two months of the season?

Rafa will play 4-5-1 and he WILL get the best out of Torres. I've said this already, Benetiz isn't first choice but he's better than Rednapp. Which tells me Rednapp isn't much of a choice at all.

I agree with this. Rafa is a lot better than Redknapp; he won the CL once and came very close to winning it again. He made a serious title run a couple of years ago with a Liverpoop side that was visibly crumbling. I don't think he's the best option out there, but I'd hire Martin O'Neill before Redknapp.

This. ^

The man is awful when it comes to money! As bad as Rafa in his last window with Liverpool..

He has no loyalty and will only go to who offers him the most money. At this time he is a good fit for Chelsea for a 2yr period......

Redknapp would be a good choice, no way. The best thing for me is that he finally would buy some British/English players. Players who can fight nonstop on the pitch and have endless energy and stamina. This is what we incredibly need.

Players should by default setting always fight and give their best. It's a minimum for a professional. Beyond fighting and being fit, Chelsea needs players who as they say in Spain, respect the ball. Getting in fit and fighting players is a given, what Chelsea needs beyond that are some skilled players. If it's all about endless energy and stamina, your ceiling is Everton and well...Tottenham. Abramovich hasn't invested hundreds of millions to be those teams, he wants to compete with Barcelona. To consistently compete at that level, you need big time talent. You don't think Iniesta gives 100% every game? Of course he does, that's expected. But on top of that is he's one of most talented and skilled footballers in the world.

Chelsea won nothing this year because the team is aging and can't play at the high tempo and intensity at a consistent level that's needed to win against the elite teams. And because there aren't enough skilled players currently on the team, especially in the midfield, Chelsea couldn't get away with less intensity and fight than previous years. Old, slow and mundane on the ball, that's the problem. Bringing in more fighting spirit will help but ultimately it can't mask the lack of world class footballing skills and creativity.

I have had enough of you. Who do you think you are saying that to me? If you said that in person it wouldn't end up well for you. Now fuck off, twat.

oooooooooo its all kicking off ha ha : )

Has to be Hiddink, with Jose to take over in a couple of years when he's finished in Madrid.

Van Basten is a ridiculous idea and it's too soon to judge Villas Boas atm.

But yeah, Hiddink for me. Stats speak for themselves.

MANAGERIAL RECORDS UNDER ROMAN ABRAMOVICH

Guus Hiddink 2.43 pts/match

Avram Grant 2.24

Jose Mourinho 2.23

Carlo Ancelotti 2.03

Claudio Ranieri 1.98

Luiz Felipe Scolari 1.97

Source: Infostrada Sports

oooooooooo its all kicking off ha ha : )

Whats with your writing? why do you have it bigger?

Has to be Hiddink, with Jose to take over in a couple of years when he's finished in Madrid.

Avram Grant 2.24

Jose Mourinho 2.23

Carlo Ancelotti 2.03

Claudio Ranieri 1.98

Luiz Felipe Scolari 1.97

Must be noted that Hiddink was only with us for 3 Months, Even Scolari would have had a similar record in 3 months.

Avram Grant 2.24

Jose Mourinho 2.23

Carlo Ancelotti 2.03

Claudio Ranieri 1.98

Luiz Felipe Scolari 1.97

These stats can be deceiving since Guus wasn't our manager for a full year. Yet, he would be my first choice too. He can be here for couple of years and then leave the club to Villas-Boas/Jose/Pep. I'm saying this because he's a bit old and he is not a long term manager that we seek.

Must be noted that Hiddink was only with us for 3 Months, Even Scolari would have had a similar record in 3 months.

True, didn't realise it was only 3. For some reason I thought that Scolari went before February of that season.

Still think Hiddink would be the best choice though, did very well in the time he was here and seems to have a good relationship with Roman (which is important).

If you look at Avram's first 3 months (post OT) stats are similar to Hiddink's, infact near identical.

1 defeat (ironically both in north london) cant be assed to look at it further.

just feel like having it bigger easier to see.

If we can see everyone elses fine, I'm sure we can work with yours aswell. %28Y%29.gif

Note on Hiddink, he said he won't leave his Turkey post until October atleast, Thats if they don't qualifiy, So it would be ridiclious to wait for him.

Again, Hiddink career is not restricted to his 3 months spell at Chelsea.

Its not a wise idea to judge if his the right man based in 3 months, but the fact is he is a superb coach. Really, really great. He deserves more than managing national teams like Russia, Turkey and South Korea.

So in this case his 3 months spell at least show us that he still know what it takes to manage a team. He was the one who started to use Anelka + Drogba, and Carlo used that system when his "diamond" didn't worked.