Eurovision Thread

I was in two minds about making a thread about the Eurovision Song Contest, because of the fact that the voting system is ridiculously political most of the time, and that the UK never seem to do that well. However, I said to myself "what the hell" and went along with it anyway.

So who do we reckon has a good enough song to win the contest. I'm relying on Blue to do exceptionally well. I think they're very experienced as far as releasing good songs is concerned. They have a good fan base, and their song is pretty good.

I also like Denmark and Sweden's entries, although Sweden only just managed to sneak into the final. And as for J*dward for Ireland (yes I censored their name because I can't stand those fucking idiots), they jumped around like they were on fucking heroine for most of their act, and yet they get voted in. Most illogical!! :doh:

anyway, what do you think about this year's contest, is anyone on here going to watch it??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, it's that time of the year again is it?

Won't be watching myself but having watched it in the past I can say that Wogan is usually good value.

As you say though, political voting so no wonder we're always shite.

Jedward have a decent chance, their song is very Euro Dance which always seems to do well. But the winner will still be some eastern european country seen as they all vote for each other.

Whats the rules with who can enter for a country, with the likes or Blue and Jedward could we not throw in U2 or Westlife?

Saw odds earlier.

Jedward have shot up to 2nd favourites at about 5/2m with UK at 10/1

If those spikey haired fucking idiots win, then Eurovision will be considered even more of a joke than it is already on a personal level.

I miss Wogan, he was kinda the best reason for watching it just because of his remarks about all the random nations and there bizarre acts (that includes UK haha)

Should be another year of failure for the UK, surrounded by a lot of Bluexpectation (excuse very poor pun) haha