Who was even worthy of wearing Blue today?

In a match where we HAVE TO WIN there's no point playing Essien and Mikel in the same team. Ramires had to start today. Mikel shows his worth against teams like Bolton and Stoke when we're in for a battle. not today against them. Mikel is a decent player but not in these kinds of game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a match where we HAVE TO WIN there's no point playing Essien and Mikel in the same team. Ramires had to start today. Mikel shows his worth against teams like Bolton and Stoke when we're in for a battle. not today against them. Mikel is a decent player but not in these kinds of game.

Good post, and this was the first thing I said yesterday when I saw the team. I mentioned this before especially when we are at home against teams that park the bus. This was an entirely different scenario though were we had to go for the jugular so why start with 2 holding mids, I can just about understand starting with 1 but 2 just didn't make sense to me, if we were winning the game & we were trying to preserve that lead then I would agree. Ramires should of started without question & come off at later point if he wasn't fit.

Only JT & Cech were worthy of any praise the rest had shockers including Ancelotti, however I will agree with him on one thing & that was that he only had up to 3 changes to make at half time when he could of taken more than half the team off, & he still fucked that up!

Bad luck yesterday thats all !

More than trying to put the blame if we had played more as a team we should have reduced the 2 goal deficit.

Kalou IMO is unhappy for not getting the starts but never proves when he gets one on the other hand when you expect nothing out of him when he comes in as sub, he throws a surprise.

IMO CA's tactics were wrong. I would have gone with PF as RB and in his previous match(if my memory serves right) he played as a winger. CA got the subs wrong as well. Players who should have come on IMO were: Ben 10, Anelka and Torres for Kalou, Essien and Malouda.

I feel sorry for Zhirkov though, we are literally wasting him, he has potential and we aren't exploiting it !

Nothing short of complacency that attributed to the loss. We have to go for the killer from the first minute and in the recent past I haven't seen us do that. Our passing hasn't been the best this season that explains alot.

I feel sorry for Zhirkov though, we are literally wasting him, he has potential and we are exploiting it !

Totally forgot about him. Seems like Carlo has too, ah well he only cost us £18m. Why can't he play one wing and Malouda the other?

Bit too radical for Carlo I know.The word squad or rotate doesn't exist in Carlo's vocab.

Totally forgot about him. Seems like Carlo has too, ah well he only cost us £18m. Why can't he play one wing and Malouda the other?

Bit too radical for Carlo I know.The word squad or rotate doesn't exist in Carlo's vocab.

Agree with you there, CA simply isn't rotating our squad ! Something he ought to learn from SAF !

CA is afraid to come out of his shell. He could have started with Alex,PF instead of Luiz and Ivanovic but like you said he is very reserved and not willing to take the drastic measures. Ben 10 and Anelka could have started for Essien and Kalou.

At which point during yesterdays game did Maloulda do anything to back up you're post? I must of missed that bit.............

He was fighting pretty hard down that left flank, he didn't pose much of a threat but considering the shocking display our team put out as a unit he was one of the few who stood out.

Alex for me!

If it hadn't been for his goal-line clearance, we would have lost 3-1. That's the determination I like in the Chelsea players, not a case of "I can't be fucking bothered with this" like everyone else wearing a Chelsea shirt!

The away supporters still sung like true, blue-blooded supporters!

stamp='1304932867' post='211126']

He was fighting pretty hard down that left flank, he didn't pose much of a threat but considering the shocking display our team put out as a unit he was one of the few who stood out.

Sorry mate but I didn't see any 'fighting' from him at anytime, he stood out.....with all the others that had shockers. As I already said Ancelotti had so many players he could of taken off at half time he was spoilt for choice. Maloulda was very very fortunate not to be one of those taken off.

To go into the biggest game in years and perform the way we did was pathetic, we might as well have got off the coach, handed sir alex the trophy, got straight back on the coach and f*cked off back to London.

Nobody performed other than Cech.

Kalou, Malouda, Mikel and Essien were AWFUL.

The whole team were rattled after the early goal but we have an experienced squad of players that should have reacted in a positive manner, but that didnt happen, we just crumbled, it was painful to see.

I want Carlo to stay on and see out his contract, I'm not going to jump on the 'sack Carlo' bandwagon, but a few changes need to be made, namely letting Carlo select his own assistant, choose his own signings, and working throughout this summer on correcting mistakes made this season out on that training pitch.

This makes me miss the Gudjohnsen, Zola and Hasselbaink trio, if we had those 3 up front (at their peak) yesterday we would have atleast gone down fighting. What id never forget about Jimmy is when things werent going our way he would use his anger to get us back in it, something we could have done with yesterday.

I'd say the away fans definitely deserved to wear blue yesterday, they were in full throat even at 2-0 down. Alex deserved to as well, simply because of his hustle on the goal line clearance. Everyone else either disappeared or looked like Keystone Kops.

As for the last several games, make the veterans realize their spot is not secure. Yesterday, they played like they just have to show up and it will all fall magically into place. I want to see any of the kids that aren't on loan starting and playing all 90 if fitness allows, results be damned. Keep some of the bigger offenders yesterday off the side entirely, and if they don't like it, they can do something about it in August. Besides, I think giving McEachran and the others substantial time now when the pressure is off will make it easier for them to blood into the side next year, if they prove they are capable and ready.

However, Carlo is probably fighting for his job and may not feel he has such a luxury.