Stamford Bridge Thread

Also, take a look at the kit. It has the new Nike sponsor, as the LED advertising boards do. I thought id try do images of what it might look like. After i put people in #the stadium, it is really noticeable how big the stadium is and therefore what an achievement it is to squeeze that onto the site. and while the lights on the roof are just in my imagination, i think something like that would look really cool. So actually, there is no mention of that in the plans, but i thought id add it as i think it looks feasible and cool! Compared to many of the new stadia, i also notice how clean the stadium bowl is too as there are no separate corporate tiers etc. Looks really nice in my opinion.  

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:59 AM, Ledgi said:

Good lord, let's hope we do not have a 40+ year old Terry and 35+ year old Ivanovic playing for us 5 years from now in 2021! :P

40 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Seeing these renderings makes me so excited.

The time spent away from the Bridge is going to be miserable. Not being home and having to anticipatory wait.

Its not being kind to the Pikeys is it?

Where are we going while work is going on? Or are they working around us?

I hope theres some consultation with the supporters too. It would be great to make the home end back in The Shed and we can swap season ticket seats, OR SAFE STANDING!!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Kostas said:

Yeah just read that.

Good vid with it. Gave me goosebumps

Panning officer: plan is for 1yr of works to take place while Chelsea remain at Stamford Bridge. Then 3yrs playing elsewhere to complete it.

Planning officer: proposed stadium will be of a similar height to existing one. (This is of importance when it comes to views of St Paul's).

Planning officer: the officers recommendation is to grant planning permission, subject to conditions. And there he ends his introduction.

Paul Heagren says the design recalls Westminster Abbey, and uses London Brick as a material.

David Johnstone on Stamford Bridge: "This is not our second home or our spiritual home. This is our home."

David Johnstone: "Fulham Broadway is a place we love and cherish." Says Stamford Bridge keeps local businesses alive.

We can all wax lyrical about how good the ground will look but the real concern is how much tickets will cost in 2021. The average fan has already been priced out and the amount of corporate seating will be off the scale. Wembley looks the only viable option but not sure how much of the ground will be fully open. Doubt we would get 60,000 for the visit of Burnley, Swansea etc although away fans will come down in numbers because of the Wembley effect. Another drawback of playing at Wembley is the area is a massive shithole and makes Tottenham look like Primrose Hill.

• 2 weeks later...

Stamford Bridge expansion: Take a sneak peek into what the new 60,000 seater Chelsea stadium could look like

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/stamford-bridge-expansion-take-sneak-12449240

Chelsea's new £500m stadium will be one of 'world’s best football arenas', say council leadersSome excellent full sized renders

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-new-500m-stadium-will-be-one-of-world-s-best-football-arenas-say-council-leaders-a3438496.html

Some excellent full sized renders

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/gallery/3d-renderings-new-stamford-bridge-10772561

I would love to see us being able to take the Shed End back and able to swap our season tickets. Get all us noisey buggas all at one end and raise the roof of our new catherdral!

It would be alot of common and business sense if we made at least the ends safe standing. It gives alot more seats available thus more income OR EVEN BETTER BRING PRICES DOWN.