The English Football Thread

Steve

I see where you're coming from but I think the small clubs are what makes our pyramid system so good... Fleetwood, Stevenage, Burton and all the others started out like my local non league team Wealdstone did, all dreaming of playing in the big league. To take that dream away just makes there leagues unimportant IMO.

There could be some sort of set up though where Premier league clubs loan out 2 or 3 players to a certain club a season and then any player who comes through the lower league teams system goes to the premier league team they have ties with for a handsome price. This pretty much goes on anyway with some clubs always loaning out to a particular club in the lower leagues.

I don't think it could ever happen though as there are just too many things that could get in the way like drawing each other in cups and all that sort of political tosh.

Well that's the problem. The 'romance' of the idea of these smaller clubs will get in the way of doing other things, so instead we simply rename the reserves to the 'u21' and then we rename that the 'b-league'.

The best setup possible at the moment is the one we have with Vitesse where you loan them half-a-dozen players and they play in a similar system to this one. Chalobah went on loan to Forest but the style of football he's been taught to play over the last decade is completely different from what they wanted him to, so he lost half-a-season of his young football life.

Ideally what we'd have is a Barcelona B situation where players played in the same system as us, at a competitive level.

But that won't happen. We won't develop young English players who 50 million people could watch lead us to World Cup glory and why???

Because it might be unfair on the 1,878 people who attend Dagenham's home matches. :doh:

And when the 'b league' doesn't offer any real improvements, we'll rename it the 'Elite Development League'. Or maybe just Diet Premier League.

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

There are changes that have recently gone on behind the scenes at England at youth levels , that I think will play dividends in ten years.

We will never change the way the England senior team plays it football unless things are changed at under 7,8,9 etc in ALL the academies and school of excellences, not just category 1 clubs.

I watch it week in week out, and there are more clubs that play long ball stuff than on the ground. These clubs should have funding stopped or some other sort of financial punishment dished out, otherwise they will never change.

There are changes that have recently gone on behind the scenes at England at youth levels , that I think will play dividends in ten years.

We will never change the way the England senior team plays it football unless things are changed at under 7,8,9 etc in ALL the academies and school of excellences, not just category 1 clubs.

I watch it week in week out, and there are more clubs that play long ball stuff than on the ground. These clubs should have funding stopped or some other sort of financial punishment dished out, otherwise they will never change.

Definitely agree with that. Smaller pitches, focus on technical skills, less emphasis on short-term results.

It's what happened in the FA Youth Cup match with Norwich. They set up purely to defend and hit us on the counter, but that bears no relation to what they'll be asked to do if they reach the first-team. Our team actually focused on playing football that translates to the first-team better - results versus development.

Not that I'm bitter about the result or anything. :ph34r:

@tancredipalmeri Wenger met Van Persie agent on 28 january. Both Wenger and Van Persie wants to join back. Mufc open to that

:lol:

hazard kicked ball under ball boy - gets banned

Andy carol touches someones hair - gets banned

yaya pushes mata - FA ignores

yaya kickes at a person - FA ignores

is yaya bullying the FA or something?

Aguero pounces on Luiz, FA ignores.

Ashley Cole is a legend for that twitter post- #BunchOfTwats