The English Football Thread

Steve

It's not when we will come unstuck it is the bloody 'easy' teams that have been stealing our points, first time against Newcastle, Stoke, west ham and then bloody west brom, but we bloody beat City twice .

Lets just hope for the best :)

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Stealing our points does the so called smaller teams an injustice to be honest. We have no divine right to take three points from anyone, you have to earn it. They know they can't play us off the field so they have to revert to a tactic that they think can do a job. When they are down there fighting every point is a good one for them, so playing us and getting anything is like a cup final win.

We have enough talent to unlock doors, but our finishing has not been good enough and it's up to us to find another avenue.

I was actually being sarcastic when I said 'Stealing' I thought that was obvious, apologises it wasnt. :lol:

Liverpool could actually win the League this season. Both us and City still have to go to Anfield and they don't have the CL to deal with.

They have the best attack in the League in my opinion, it's their defense that might end up costing them. Agger should be starting.

A team with a squad as weak as Liverpool, will never win the PL! No Chance at all!

A team with a squad as weak as Liverpool, will never win the PL! No Chance at all!

While the squad depth at Liverpool isn't great like City, their team is very strong and lethal. Sturridge + Suarez are the best combination in the PL at this current juncture, while Liverpool have brilliant strikers, best in the league. They have Sterling and Henderson, wreck havoc pretty much. Coutinho is an outstanding player IMO, young talented Brazilian Silva. It's hard to predict shit right now tbh. I think we have the biggest chance to win the league but the game at Anfield will be vital and it will be title deciding. The positives for liverpool is that they have no European football distraction.

I'm not sure that it's what is needed, if you take Patrick Bamford as an example, assuming he would have got into the Chelsea team for this league if it were up and running now.

What would be best for him? Playing in the Premiership B League against mainly squad players and kids and a few experienced pros on the way back from injury, or half a season in league one and another half a season at the top of the championship banging goals in and coming up against experienced pros week in week out.

Why only categorie 1 clubs? If it is about the development of ENGLISH youth as Scudamore suggests, a lot of the future England stars are currently at category 2 and 3 clubs.

Well, the stallions of Chelsea are off & running, carthorses of Citeh are close behind & while arsenal donkeys are limping.

According to many Chelsea should win the PL, I read. I hope, it will be true.

Currently, even Liverpool are closing in. Who knows, what may happen, then ?

I'm not sure that it's what is needed, if you take Patrick Bamford as an example, assuming he would have got into the Chelsea team for this league if it were up and running now.

What would be best for him? Playing in the Premiership B League against mainly squad players and kids and a few experienced pros on the way back from injury, or half a season in league one and another half a season at the top of the championship banging goals in and coming up against experienced pros week in week out.

Why only categorie 1 clubs? If it is about the development of ENGLISH youth as Scudamore suggests, a lot of the future England stars are currently at category 2 and 3 clubs.

This is just another crap idea to be honest. If you want to develop English talent then let top clubs have PROPER teams competing in the lower leagues. Why would we put Piazon or Bamford in a 'B League' team when they can play PROPER competitive football? Scudamore is a fucking moron.

Maybe I'm pissing on tradition but do we really need Burton or Fleetwood in League Two? What about Huddersfield or Doncaster in the Championship? If you're talking about elite player development then what exactly do these teams contribute to the next Wayne Rooney being found?

Let the top clubs have B teams who can compete in the lower leagues but not be promoted. That might not sound fair, but is it any fairer for a club like Middlesborough to loan elite young talent like Omeruo and Chalobah to help them beat teams who can't get players like that?

I see where you're coming from but I think the small clubs are what makes our pyramid system so good... Fleetwood, Stevenage, Burton and all the others started out like my local non league team Wealdstone did, all dreaming of playing in the big league. To take that dream away just makes there leagues unimportant IMO.

There could be some sort of set up though where Premier league clubs loan out 2 or 3 players to a certain club a season and then any player who comes through the lower league teams system goes to the premier league team they have ties with for a handsome price. This pretty much goes on anyway with some clubs always loaning out to a particular club in the lower leagues.

I don't think it could ever happen though as there are just too many things that could get in the way like drawing each other in cups and all that sort of political tosh.