• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I swear there are strikers in League Two who are better than Olivier Giroud. Sometimes Torres looks like Maradona compared to this bloke.

I heard the best description of him a couple of minutes ago, "oversized french fire hydrant".

I like it that Spurs won and that they're one win away from Liverpool because it puts a little bit of pressure on Pool. That way they'll always be on pressure to win to consolidate their 4th place and UCL spot.

This year's championship really is amazing. Exciting times to be an English football fan.

I like it that Spurs won and that they're one win away from Liverpool because it puts a little bit of pressure on Pool. That way they'll always be on pressure to win to consolidate their 4th place and UCL spot.

This year's championship really is amazing. Exciting times to be an English football fan.

You're right, but I still hate seeing Spuds win. That match was a microcosm of their season. Play like complete drab shit and squeak by with a lame 1-0 win. Would be totally undeserved if they can pip any of the current top 4 by the end of the season.

Just look at their embarrassing goal difference compared to everyone around them.

That's the downside of English football - the domestic competitions are very competitive so it takes its toll on European front. I mean Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Münich have 3-5 tough fixtures against equal rivals, other games are about gaining confidence and target practice.

If Fulham win here it will be the biggest shock ever in premier league history regardless how bad Man Utd have been this season. Fulham are awful. I reckon this will be at least 4-0.

Surprised Everton lost that last match too, were so much the better team. Fell asleep once and paid the price.

Don't you just love it though... Man Utd and Liverpool battling for 4th. But saying that.... Liverpool are only 6 points behind us and we still need to go there. It's been a mad season, so tight top and bottom. I'm excited about our run in though.

I don't even care if Fulham get smashed today tbh.

That's the downside of English football - the domestic competitions are very competitive so it takes its toll on European front. I mean Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Münich have 3-5 tough fixtures against equal rivals, other games are about gaining confidence and target practice.

That's one side of it and you're right, but I'm really more involved with domestic competition rather than UCL, so for me it's always going to be EPL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> UCL by a fair lead. I'm not a big fan of knock-out competitions and I simply love the Premier League. Ofc I love the FA Cup and UCL, but my heart belongs to EPL and if it was up to me, it'd always be our #1 priority (although I don't dismiss UCL for EPL, ofc, but I don't dismiss EPL for UCL either - which at least in Brazil is very common - fans dismiss the nation league for the continental competition).

The other side is that English teams may arrive in Europe sharper, used to facing top dogs and therefore more used to the pressure, difficulty and maybe experienced on how to find a way to win those important matches. It's really a two-sides coin

I was just going to talk shit about Holtby for being so slow on the ball and taking 10 extra touches every time but then he puts in a sweet lob pass and a nice finish by Sidwell.

I still don't expect them to hold on and get anything here, they are way too shit.