The English Football Thread

Steve

Highlights: we currently are ninth in the league in Shots on Target Percentage (SOT%). We’re the same distance away from Stoke in that category as Arsenal. In the Shots per Goal stat, we require 9.24 shots to score, where Arsenal and Liverpool only require 7.2 on average. City require 5.9. We’re as close to Stoke in that category as Arsenal and Liverpool.

:doh:

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Mancity did it. As long as suarez is not the one getting the clear chances, we have a chance.

Well they should have lost even if Suarez wasn't in the game lol so he is not their only dangerous player. Henderson is being so underrated atm it is unbelievable

Well they should have lost even if Suarez wasn't in the game lol so he is not their only dangerous player. Henderson is being so underrated atm it is unbelievable

Liverpool should have won, but what can you do when you have only one clinical player and he is triple marked.

Remember us against barcelona, messi was only allowed one shot in the two legs. The rest of the barcelona players missed clear cut chances and we won.

Bottom line is, if we stifle their most clinical player, we have a far better chance of winning even if liverpool get chances to score.

Liverpool should have won, but what can you do when you have only one clinical player and he is triple marked.

Remember us against barcelona, messi was only allowed one shot in the two legs. The rest of the barcelona players missed clear cut chances and we won.

Bottom line is, if we stifle their most clinical player, we have a far better chance of winning even if liverpool get chances to score.

Obviously we will triple mark Suarez, this is Jose here we are talking about, he knows it more than all of us and he will make sure of that. And really even if we made him go terribly quiet, like you already mentioned we will need huge slide of luck to win as in the case of City yesterday and us against some team over the year. I just hope we don't get destroyed here.

Obviously we will triple mark Suarez, this is Jose here we are talking about, he knows it more than all of us and he will make sure of that. And really even if we made him go terribly quiet, like you already mentioned we will need huge slide of luck to win as in the case of City yesterday and us against some team over the year. I just hope we don't get destroyed here.

I'm not saying we will go all out defensive at our home against them, but we will closely mark suarez more than the rest of their players.

Citeh done nothing, he missed on his chances yesterday.

He didnt get any clear chance, he just had 2 long distance freekicks, on shot from distance. I cant remember any clear chance he had. Lescott was tackling and pulling his shirt all game.

He didnt get any clear chance, he just had 2 long distance freekicks, on shot from distance. I cant remember any clear chance he had. Lescott was tackling and pulling his shirt all game.

Perhaps, I saw something you have not ? Suarez does not need many chances to score & I thought he could have scored yesterday on one, easily.

Who would wanna manage that joke of a club? They got promoted and then suddenly it's turmoil. I really hope we relegate the cunts on that final day. We've related a few clubs over the years... Sheffield United, Bolton that i can remember. Let's relegate Cardiff and mess up their owner.

The Malky Mackay loving is absolutely hilarious. You would think he was one of the best manager's in the world the way people are going on.

They spent £30m in the summer playing bad and hovering just above the relegation zone. Their was similar people on their highhorse when Southampton sacked Adkins, and that didn't work out too badly, did it?

The Malky Mackay loving is absolutely hilarious. You would think he was one of the best manager's in the world the way people are going on.

They spent £30m in the summer playing bad and hovering just above the relegation zone. Their was similar people on their highhorse when Southampton sacked Adkins, and that didn't work out too badly, did it?

Agreed his performances have been ok but far from great but you look on the situation as a cold business man again rather than a fan. Its part of the wider destruction of the club.

Agreed his performances have been ok but far from great but you look on the situation as a cold business man again rather than a fan. Its part of the wider destruction of the club.

Without a doubt he should have been treated better, i just get the impression that he has been getting over-rated as a manager because people are feeling sorry for him. He wasn't even on people's radar before this incident.

West Ham and West Brom on now. 1-2 at the break with all 3 goals scored by ex blues. Joe Cole for WHU and a brace by Nico Anelka for Albion.

Funny match. West ham score early and are in total control, miss 2-3 chances to make it 2-0 then all of a sudden, boom west brom score 2 goals in 5 mins