The English Football Thread

Steve

We've played well against ManU, but you have to remember that it's been ManU-B we've been playing well against with us using our top squads. We beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge where we had our starting XI and they had no Rooney, no Kagawa, no Van Persie, and no Vidic. We beat them 5-4 when they had Buttner and Wooten as their CB pairing. It will be a tougher test.

I don't know if that's necessarily the reason why we've played well against them this season, after all we did alright against them at the Bridge back in October - both RVP and Rooney were on the pitch; kagawa played in the game at old trafford; Vidic.....has he been playing much in big games since his return from injury?

Don't know...I think it's more that their general style of play suits us and does not expose too much of our weak areas - they're not exactly a pressing, high tempo, high energy, defend from the front side - we know that this is the area we tend to really struggle with. In the games we've played them, they put very little pressure on our midfield (except when Welbeck is on) but they've generally stood off quite a bit and allowed Mata and Hazard to play their football. The fact that Mata picked up the ball (in their half) had enough time to look up to spot the run of Ba and also find a pass (on his strong foot nonetheless) .....that's just reflective of why we've done well against them.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

That is more of hope than expectation. And you're kinda looking at those games with a blue tinted glass. Just because we dominated United this season doesn't mean we'll get the better of them again later. As for Liverpool, while you said is true there but like you also said, they are a bit of hit and miss. They could easily click on the day we play them and our record at Anfield isn't exactly great either, especially against Liverpool in recent encounters.

Not wearing any blue tinted glasses, but may be it's my observation that Rafa has got the set up of the team against a big team spot on. It's the mid table teams that i fear right now because we don't turn up against them but the team looks motivated and there is a hunger when playing a big team. May be it's down to the manager or may be it's down to the players but i feel quite confident about Chelsea in those situations and hence i think we can win at OT especially if they wrap up the league by the time we play them.

Anfield could be tricky though, i agree!

We've played well against ManU, but you have to remember that it's been ManU-B we've been playing well against with us using our top squads. We beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge where we had our starting XI and they had no Rooney, no Kagawa, no Van Persie, and no Vidic. We beat them 5-4 when they had Buttner and Wooten as their CB pairing. It will be a tougher test.

Kagawa is not a top player. Yet. Vidic has been in and out of the team just like Terry, hence won't read that much into it too.

The thing is whenever we have played Utd, it always looked comfortable. As if there weren't any surprises when they were playing against us. On top of that their wingers are in terrible form and hence that left them with only RVP who carried the team for a long time but has now ran out of steam(According to his own manager). Rooney is still the only player i fear from that side and nobody else. Hence i am quite confident of beating them again.

I have no idea how the hell do they have a 15 points lead at the top of the table. May be English football is in decline, and it needs something special. :eyebrows:

If Tottenham win, £95 is mine so i have good news for everyone here.... Tottenham WILL NOT win today.

:lol:

Now tell me, what would make you more happy? Winning money or Tottenham losing points?

I would like the 90 odd quid don't get me wrong but if Tottenham failed to win, i'd also be pretty satisfied. It's win win. I put the £25 on Arsenal and Tottenham to win and i was begging for a WBA equaliser. I was genuinely pissed off at full time yesterday. I wanted Arsenal to lose a lot more that i want Tottenham to lose today. Anyway if i'm completely honest, i'd like the £90 slightly more.

I would like the 90 odd quid don't get me wrong but if Tottenham failed to win, i'd also be pretty satisfied. It's win win. I put the £25 on Arsenal and Tottenham to win and i was begging for a WBA equaliser. I was genuinely pissed off at full time yesterday. I wanted Arsenal to lose a lot more that i want Tottenham to lose today. Anyway if i'm completely honest, i'd like the £90 slightly more.

Pffft, superstitous much. They are going to lose because I'm wearing my lucky 'Tottenham To Lose' underwear.

Also, Welshie Ronaldo is injured.

I see Spurs beating Everton cause they are missing Fellaini, Pienaar and potentially Mirallas.

Indeed. Much has been made about the loss of Bale and to a certain extent Lennon and Bale but nothing about Fellaini and Pienaar.

Like CHOULO said, wouldn't be surprised if Spurs win. That's just the way it works really..

Kagawa isn't a regular

This season

Evans> Vidic