• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Tbf they've won it 4 times in a row. Someone else's turn

Yes, it might get interesting now at the very least. 

6 minutes ago, Jase said:

Also depends on what we do really. I mean we'll likely rotate again and the two games so far has been, as you said, a clusterfuck. 

And the QF is in between games against Spurs and Leeds. Don't think Klopp will play his first team at all, unless he gets us or Spurs or Arsenal. 

Would Klopp play his first team anyway? He didn't away to us in the FA Cup.

But yes the quarter final is probably our big banana skin (so hopefully we get Sunderland) given our schedule but if we make the semi we should be able to play the first team from that moment on.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Would Klopp play his first team anyway? He didn't away to us in the FA Cup.

He didn't play the full first team but he did play some of them, IIRC. Off the top of my head, I remember Van Dijk played in that one. Got bullied by Giroud.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But yes the quarter final is probably our big banana skin (so hopefully we get Sunderland) given our schedule but if we make the semi we should be able to play the first team from that moment on.

The two-legged semi final is in between our league games against Liverpool and City. So, I don't know about starting our first team there. Plus, there's also an FA Cup tie in that period and we don't know when exactly the CWC is gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, Jase said:

He didn't play the full first team but he did play some of them, IIRC. Off the top of my head, I remember Van Dijk played in that one. Got bullied by Giroud.

The two-legged semi final is in between our league games against Liverpool and City. So, I don't know about starting our first team there. Plus, there's also an FA Cup tie in that period and we don't know when exactly the CWC is gonna happen. 

I think of the top of my head VVD, Robertson, Fabinho and Mane from his usual starters.

BIB: It is but isn't the FA Cup game a few days before the potential semi first leg? I imagine we will play the scratch side there and if so I think it will be better to play the first Xl for the semi to keep up match sharpness, don't fancy a week and a half without the first Xl playing.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I think of the top of my head VVD, Robertson, Fabinho and Mane from his usual starters.

BIB: It is but isn't the FA Cup game a few days before the potential semi first leg? I imagine we will play the scratch side there and if so I think it will be better to play the first Xl for the semi to keep up match sharpness, don't fancy a week and a half without the first Xl playing.

Potential schedule:

Jan 2 - Liverpool (h)
Jan 5 - League Cup SF 1st Leg
Jan 8/9 - FA Cup 3rd Round
Jan 11/12  - League Cup SF 2nd Leg
Jan 15 - Man City (a)

1 minute ago, Jase said:

Potential schedule:

Jan 2 - Liverpool (h)
Jan 15 - Man City (a)

That's even worse then we can't go two weeks without playing the first Xl. Even Klopp went strong in a cup game against Villa's kids last season to avoid that. A weeks rest while sticking the scratch side in for the FA Cup is more than adequate (if we get knocked out then go full strength in the FA).

On a slightly related note given Kepa will be first choice for that period I wonder if we will see Bettinelli for the third round if it does turn out to be in the middle of two semi's.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That's even worse then we can't go two weeks without playing the first Xl. Even Klopp went strong in a cup game against Villa's kids last season to avoid that. A weeks rest while sticking the scratch side in for the FA Cup is more than adequate (if we get knocked out then go full strength in the FA).

On a slightly related note given Kepa will be first choice for that period I wonder if we will see Bettinelli for the third round if it does turn out to be in the middle of two semi's.

Guessing we might see a 50-50 side in the cup games. Just pray we don't have any injury crisis then. 

15 minutes ago, Jase said:

Potential schedule:

Jan 2 - Liverpool (h)
Jan 15 - Man City (a)

Potentially 4 games in a row can be against Liverpool. 

50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Potentially 4 games in a row can be against Liverpool. 

Fa cup third round can be against an opponent from the same division? I thought they had modified the draw so that can’t happen…

Businessman Daniel Kretinsky 'in advanced talks to buy a 27% stake in £700m West Ham United' - with Czech billionaire already owning large stakes in Royal Mail and Sainsbury's

Billionaire Daniel Kretinsky made his money through his Czech energy company

Kretinsky owns Sparta Prague and has stakes in Royal Mail and Sainsbury's 

He is reportedly close to buying a 27 per cent stake in £700m West Ham

West Ham have been owned by David Sullivan and David Gold since 2010

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10140689/West-Ham-Daniel-Kretinsky-advanced-talks-buy-27-stake-700m.html

https://theathletic.com/news/czech-billionaire-daniel-kretinsky-considering-buying-minority-stake-in-west-ham/NuDa3XGHWtau/

Edited by KEVINAA
20 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fa cup third round can be against an opponent from the same division? I thought they had modified the draw so that can’t happen…

The FA Cup draw from round 3 on is completely open, anyone can draw anyone.

2021-22 English Premier League

Leicester City           375.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Arsenal                     359.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2021/premier-league-leicester-city-vs-arsenal-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/football/bpl/leicester-city-vs-arsenal-match/

8b64d0a342137ade264241ecc2d76483.pngc125f12c9a43116f2c4a4a3cb244acb3.png

After a humiliating and embarrassing start to the season Arse have really turned things around results wise. They aren’t actually that far behind the contenders now if they win this.