The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

fuck yes!!!

outrageous shit here

What can I say mate, there is a good damn reason many say the likes of udt and pool are a protected breed. They would never do this for us the wretched cunts that they are.

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah, Messi next summer very possible. 

I'll say its a guarantee, he will get to play in epl, play under pep, get fat ass wages and the media along with FA will love it. And thats only the start, Pep will def spend shitload....

The Telegraph

Friday November 20 2020

Football Nerd

Why Aston Villa's fine start to the season has been built on stability

In a Premier League season bound to be affected by coronavirus-forced absences and multiple injuries, picking the same team on a regular basis could prove a significant advantage. So long as those players do run out of gas, of course.

One team reaping the benefits of consistent selection is high-flying Aston Villa, who have made just three starting XI changes so far this season - the fewest of any team in the Premier League.

The continuity Dean Smith's team are enjoying is in stark contrast to last season, when they struggled to integrate 12 summer signings who cost more than £120 million combined.

Premier League clubs are faced with a fascinating dilemma. Do they rotate heavily in an effort to be fresher than their opponents or gamble on continuity in the hope a familiar team will prove more cohesive than those subjected to chopping and changing?

There is a delicate balance to be struck, and I assess whether Aston Villa's stability can be maintained here.

19 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

I'll say its a guarantee, he will get to play in epl, play under pep, get fat ass wages and the media along with FA will love it. And thats only the start, Pep will def spend shitload....

the only good thing is that it will block one of their shitload of other wc players. they have more than enough attackers anyway. possibly can see him playing false 9 with Agüero gone. But IMO, starting late last season, Messi is clearly into decline. He has started to miss more and more chances that he used to score blindly before, his pace is gone. He will continue to score with freekicks and stuff but he will not be the dominant force he once was. Some PL defenders will maul him just for the sake of it and he has shown he doesnt like being hanled like that. This year or last, maybe an investment in him might still be worthwhile. but next summer when he is 24, I would not even want my club to be paying his wages. If Puli can stay injury free for a single season, I bet he would be on a higher level than 34 y.o. Messi. I would say thatm arguably, right now Salah, Mane are on a higher level than Messi anyway and soon enough we will be able to add quite a few more players to that list.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

the only good thing is that it will block one of their shitload of other wc players. they have more than enough attackers anyway. possibly can see him playing false 9 with Agüero gone. But IMO, starting late last season, Messi is clearly into decline. He has started to miss more and more chances that he used to score blindly before, his pace is gone. He will continue to score with freekicks and stuff but he will not be the dominant force he once was. Some PL defenders will maul him just for the sake of it and he has shown he doesnt like being hanled like that. This year or last, maybe an investment in him might still be worthwhile. but next summer when he is 24, I would not even want my club to be paying his wages. If Puli can stay injury free for a single season, I bet he would be on a higher level than 34 y.o. Messi. I would say thatm arguably, right now Salah, Mane are on a higher level than Messi anyway and soon enough we will be able to add quite a few more players to that list.

Yup they do have shitload of good players and Messi will add to that for sure, but def not the Messi of yester years. Dont worry about him being mauled, the FA and refs will oblige everytime, they would protect him......this aint Chels and Hazard.

16 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yup they do have shitload of good players and Messi will add to that for sure, but def not the Messi of yester years. Dont worry about him being mauled, the FA and refs will oblige everytime, they would protect him......this aint Chels and Hazard.

Not so sure. If he would play for manure or pool sure. But for the Fa and the refs city are just as much the Enemy as we are. 
also, sure there will be cards but that only makes the defenders wanting to tackle him harder and cleaner every time so it is at least worth it. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not so sure. If he would play for manure or pool sure. But for the Fa and the refs city are just as much the Enemy as we are. 
also, sure there will be cards but that only makes the defenders wanting to tackle him harder and cleaner every time so it is at least worth it. 

No chance city are enemies to them as we are, we have a Russian owner, City have them Arab owners, big difference. Plus its Messi, the FA will see it as a huge plus for PL though as you said he is 34.

2020-21 English Premier League

Aston Villa                          362.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Brighton & Hove Albion    331.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2020/premier-league-aston-villa-vs-brighton-hove-albion-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/aston-villa/

edd5b866a211162a752b80602dd22f71.png25a3260fa9f465fc49e3f8e3db34e6fc.png