The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep the fear factor is well and truly gone

I think it will be after that. Could argue signs were there v Leeds. 

Makes it even more maddening that we tried to sit in and didn’t make any real forceful attempt to impose ourselves and go at them in our match prior to going down to 10.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Tammy Abraham, Ben Chilwell and Jadon Sancho ‘broke rule of six at birthday party’ before meeting up for England vs Wales

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tammy-abraham-birthday-party-ben-chilwell-jadon-sacho-rule-of-six-england-vs-wales-677174?ITO=newsnow

6 hours ago, Strike said:

This Liverpool result could still be a one-off. Mane and Thiago to return, plenty of deflections went in yesterday

More then likely but still funny..considering they went unbeaten for so long last season then to lose 7-2...and with all players on the field. Woopsie!

49 minutes ago, milka said:

What a club , The Pride of London for sure :wave:

That mascot was the only likeable thing about Arsenal Football Club and they go on and sack him. In the meantime they're looking for further improvements in the squad and been offering tens of millions for Aouar, for example.

Shameful club.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, this was used an excuse for a 7-2 loss. SEVEN-TWO loss... :doh: 

Ejj0NXIU0AEx_2J?format=png&name=large

Liverpool have been really, really lucky with injuries in the last two seasons. Their key players have hardly missed any games and their squad depth behind the first XI has been horrendous aside from maybe midfield. Now they're missing three players and a five goal loss is being justified because of it. :lol:

I said in the summer and still stand by my opinion that Liverpool will suffer with the tighter fixture schedule. They've addressed some of their depth problems with the additions of Jota, Thiago and the Greek guy at LB but I don't think they're going to be anywhere as good as last year. Obviously they'll still be contending for the title and are maybe even favorites to win it, but it certainly won't be as easy as last season and with a bit of bad luck with injuries they could be in for some trouble. A lot of their squad (Minamino, Jones, Milner etc.) simply aren't top level players.

Read somewhere they could be without Alisson in goal for 6 weeks, that's a big blow because Adrian is comically bad.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Tammy Abraham, Ben Chilwell and Jadon Sancho ‘broke rule of six at birthday party’ before meeting up for England vs Wales

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tammy-abraham-birthday-party-ben-chilwell-jadon-sacho-rule-of-six-england-vs-wales-677174?ITO=newsnow

When will these guys learn? Definitely should be fines. Perhaps dropped from England squad too? Only way to drum it into them. Just because they are young guys who are millionaires doesnt mean they are above the rules everyone else is following. Extremely arrogant and stupid. Sancho has been dropped for Dortmund as he broke covid rules to get a haircut and the next international break after Foden and Greenwood thinking they could get away with inviting girls round, the three of them do this? No wonder people think English footballers are arrogant braindead twats 😂

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, this was used an excuse for a 7-2 loss. SEVEN-TWO loss... :doh: 

Ejj0NXIU0AEx_2J?format=png&name=large

It's the Brazil "if we had Thiago Silva and Neymar vs Germany" thing all over again.

On another note though i wouldn't enjoy this too much, this season is beyond weird and there's every chance something like this will happen to us.

Still cannot beat Souness' comments. What an unbelievable clown...

'What I would say, Villa, and it's the same for both teams, I think they've left the grass longer than normal to slow Liverpool's movement,' Souness said while working as a pundit for Sky Sports.

'All the top teams want short grass, a fast pitch. That doesn't look like a fast pitch to me.'

And what a reaction from the Villa groundstaff :D 

Souness' comments were described as 'sour grapes' by presenter David Jones during Sky's live coverage, but they also sparked a backlash from Eddie Mills, who is a member of Villa's match-day groundstaff.

Mills, 50, took aim at the former Rangers midfielder on Twitter, insisting that he had insulted all groundsman with his half-time rant.

'Graeme Souness's uneducated comments about the villa pitch are insulting to all the massively hardworking groundsman up and down the country who put their hearts and souls into their proud work! #clueless,' Mills wrote.