The English Football Thread

Steve

I get it was a pen but ref missed it and blew final whistle games OVER, what should have been done is the ref blew to check VAR not for full time.
So the ref got it wrong and var got it right to correct him.

We are only debating this because it was united. If it was Brighton we'd be loving that var got it right

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Well obviously once the check is complete.

VAR is dog shit absolutely.

But that was a pen and if that was us we would all be going mad that it was a pen. What the fuck is maupay doing.

no one is arguing that the play itself was a pen

what I (and I am sure others) am saying is two points

1. outrageous the game was still being played, 5 minutes extra time and yet it was coming on on almost 97 minutes and STILL being contested (there was no injury that would have justified that length of time being added)

2. the double final whistle, with the pen coming after the first one

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

You do realize he is the one who gave two pens to Brighton today? VAR intervene for the second one. Last action of the game he DID not gave penalty to UTD. It was VAR again. If he is so biased he would not go against UTD before VAR.

And if refs are so pro UTD why would they give Palace to retake penalty last week after DDG saved first penalty?

Ohh please, where were all this shit when udt were stealing a living after the lockdown? Thers is no denying certain teams get more juice than others.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Shouldn't matter ref blew final whistle games over, so I bring my previous points back goals should be given from games weeks ago 

I look forward to your reaction if we experience the same situation as United did today one day, especially if the penalty is the difference between us winning the title or not or even finishing in the Top 4 or not...

no one is arguing that the play itself was a pen
what I (and I am sure others) am saying is two points
1. outrageous the game was still being played, 5 minutes extra time and yet it was coming on on almost 97 minutes and STILL being contested (there was no injury that would have justified that length of time being added)
2. the double final whistle, with the pen coming after the first one

1. Yeah but that happens. They scored a goal and he let them take a corner. It does happen a lot. Its annoying but it is what it is.
2. Yeah I had the same feeling. But then I saw the rules and it is in the rules. So var made the right decision. Unfortunately the right decision benefitted United.

Just now, Jason said:

I look forward to your reaction if we experience the same situation as United did today one day, especially if the penalty is the difference between us winning the title or not or even finishing in the Top 4 or not...

Doesn't matter the fact is it shouldn't be allowed, its a bullshit rule.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Forget the pen, cuz it was a pen. Where did the 7min come from? As soon as Brighton scored that should have been it.

How long did it take for Brighton to celebrate their equalizer? Pretty sure the referee has the right to add minutes upon the injury time given - something that is not set in stone - if things like that happen. 

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Forget the pen, cuz it was a pen. Where did the 7min come from? As soon as Brighton scored that should have been it.

or 30 to 60 seconds max, not almost 2 fucking minutes

it sounds like little time, but so much can happen at one end of the pitch in 30 to 60 extra seconds

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

How long did it take for Brighton to celebrate their equalizer? Pretty sure the referee has the right to add minutes upon the injury time given - something that is not set in stone - if things like that happen. 

it did NOT take close to 2 minutes m8

that is madness

it wasn't a CL final in extra time with players mobbing and fans running out

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

No he hasnt, you cant add mins on top of extra time as you see fit. You can add 1min at most, only in epl I see this BS, it does not happen this often in other leagues. Its ok im sure we will witness much much more bullshittery throughout the season....as a footy fan first you cant be happy how footy is going in epl.