• Special Juan

• Jas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was bored...

Magic of FA cup

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Southampton first side through to the FA Cup semi finals.

Lets get them in semis than. Reaching final without playing any top10 club in the country.

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Looks like we are gonna play City 3 more times this season. In the league, in FA Cup and in the CL final

Bayern are going to slap them. Every team is fearful and parks the bus against City. What happens when the best attack in the world goes up against their high line? City have not faced an elite European team in a while.

Edited by Azul
27 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

City brought on Mahrez and KDB in second half with Kun there too.......what a poor squad they have.

While Agüero and Ferran Torres stayed on the bench..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Azul said:

Bayern are going to slap them. Every team is fearful and parks the bus against City. What happens when the best attack in the world goes up against their high line? City have not faced an elite European team in a while.

I am not so sure if Bayern is able to do that and if they are able to do that, I am not so sure if it really is a key to beat them. Man United beat them because their counter attacks were ruthless. That is the most easy way to beat them. 

17 minutes ago, Azul said:

For years I'm reading how they are biggest favorites in CL. Every year they got knocked out by inferior side. Monaco, Liverpool that fought for top4 that season, Spurs and Lyon that finished something like 6th in Ligue1. Still no semi final for Guardiola which Pellegrini did. So I wouldn't be surprised if they chock against Dortmund. But yeah, Bayern or PSG would destroy them. 

• Like 1

Those who are already jumping the gun by saying we'll reach the Champions League final or even the FA Cup final are gonna jinx us so hard! 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I am not so sure if Bayern is able to do that and if they are able to do that, I am not so sure if it really is a key to beat them. Man United beat them because their counter attacks were ruthless. That is the most easy way to beat them. 

But how often do the teams go and press City head on though? Probably only Liverpool have successfully done that under Klopp. The rest chose to play on the counter, for one reason or another.

All I know is if Bayern and Man City do face each other in the semis, there's gonna be GOALS. Bayern have the firepower to test City defensively while City are capable of exploiting Bayern's shaky high defensive line. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Those who are already jumping the gun by saying we'll reach the Champions League final or even the FA Cup final are gonna jinx us so hard! 

I know.. our fans are taking wild, just like they did at the beginning of the season when they were banging on about us winning the league. I was telling everyone at work that we would never win the league this season with that many transfers and changes to a mediocre 1st eleven. I fear there will be quite a few eggs on faces come thr end of this season... hopefully I'm wrong but the competition is feirce.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

I know.. our fans are taking wild, just like they did at the beginning of the season when they were banging on about us winning the league. I was telling everyone at work that we would never win the league this season with that many transfers and changes to a mediocre 1st eleven. I fear there will be quite a few eggs on faces come thr end of this season... hopefully I'm wrong but the competition is feirce.

It's crazy. We haven't even played the first leg against Porto yet or even one half against Sheffield United! Hope Tuchel and the players' mindset isn't the same as the fans right now. lol Take it one game at a time! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

City just haven't faced an elite attack this season, and just because of that you think that Man UTD's gameplan is the only way to beat them. Bayern have proven that they are the best in the world last season. What have City done? 

They have no pedigree in Europe to be called the favourites, or to be compared to the likes of Bayern. Once they face Bayern or PSG's attack and still are dominant, then I give them their respect. However I think that they got a rude awakening coming their way.

50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

For years I'm reading how they are biggest favorites in CL. Every year they got knocked out by inferior side. Monaco, Liverpool that fought for top4 that season, Spurs and Lyon that finished something like 6th in Ligue1. Still no semi final for Guardiola which Pellegrini did. So I wouldn't be surprised if they chock against Dortmund. But yeah, Bayern or PSG would destroy them. 

I always hear the same shit 😂 "City are the favourites for the CL, they are by far the strongest and most inform team" etc. They always manage to choke in Europe though. Domestic performances are much different to European performances. Once they face a legit side and beat them, then I'll change my opinion on them.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Worked out allright last time.

But on a more serious note there's no harm in discussing the possibility's especially when there's a decent chance it may happen (i mean lets be honest if us and City were on opposite sides of this draw this forum would have been knee deep in conspiracy theory's) however i see nobody taking Porto as a given.