The English Football Thread

Steve

I haven't bothered watching United for weeks now because they've been nearly automatic. Won't start today.

We have to hope the good Mou/Spuds show up now rather than the shocking one. If Leicester win that I think it's over for us.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

It really shouldn't have come down to this but we've allowed it to. It's a fucking joke!

You also have to say that we are quite lucky to still be in with a shout at this point after losing soo many games. Depends if you're a glass half empty or a glass half full kind of guy.

just so it is not all completely doom

even if lose to the dippers

but beat Wolves

if Leicester lose to Spuds they cannot catch us

the same for Manure if they lose one of their 3 games (probably will be Leicester if they are to lose, and Leicester will have Chilwell and Maddison back for that game)

finally, 

IF we beat wolves

and if Manure win the next 2, by small amounts

and Leicester beat them

Leicester probably (even if they lose to Spuds in a close game, no more than a 2 goal loss) knocks Manure out of the CL on GD as they up 5 now, lets say they lose to spuds by 2, manure win their next two by a total of plus 4 (we will know much more after this Palace game), then  Manure goes into the final game +1, so if Leicester win, even by one goal, they go over Manure on GD

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Anything can happen. United's front 4 have yet to be rested this entire post lockdown. 

I don't think Palace cares anymore. They left us too much space when we played them. I've never seen them so open before. Rashford, Martial and co will feast on that.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

You also have to say that we are quite lucky to still be in with a shout at this point after losing soo many games. Depends if you're a glass half empty or a glass half full kind of guy.

Yes, we have gotten lucky with the results of late but the point is, we have been sitting in the Top 4, somewhat comfortably, all season but have to now scramble for a Top 4 finish. Just purely from our perspective, we have dropped so many stupid points this season and it's a joke! Losing to Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Ham (twice!), Everton, Southampton. Blowing away leads against Sheffield United, 10-man Arsenal! If we had picked up even half of the points from those games, we would have been home and dry by now. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

that's why zaha scores just a handful of goals. poor finisher. 80m my ass

Will never forget any time soon that some here actually wanted Zaha, even for that kind of big fee!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Will never forget any time soon that some here actually wanted Zaha, even for that kind of big fee!

yup, me neither. the argument was, in a big team he will get more chances lol. a player who is such a poor finisher wont score more of 100 chances than of 10

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'll hold my hand up and remind you that I really wanted him. Thank fuck our club were smart enough to shy away. He has been shocking this season. Think a big part of that is because he has been angry that a big move didn't come off, but still.

Massive bullet dodged.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I'll hold my hand up and remind you that I really wanted him. Thank fuck our club were smart enough to shy away. He has been shocking this season. Think a big part of that is because he has been angry that a big move didn't come off, but still.

Massive bullet dodged.

No disrespect to Zaha but he is a big fish in a small pond. Excluding us, if the biggest clubs you have been linked with is Arsenal and Spurs, then that is saying a lot. He turns 28 later this year, he should be playing at his peak, should be consistent but isn't. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

yup, me neither. the argument was, in a big team he will get more chances lol. a player who is such a poor finisher wont score more of 100 chances than of 10

Had Zaha come here, he would have been just another Willian in terms of goals and assists output.