The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I saw the replays but wasn't paying 100% attention to them. Was going crazy over the equalizer. :lol: But it looked very harsh. 

It was very close distance but the arm is in a very unnatural position and the elbow moves towards the ball pushing it away, IMO a clear pen.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, Jason said:

5 teams? What do you mean?

If 5th had become a Champions League spot, only Sheffield United can catch us. Leicester and United's results would have been irrelevant to us. 

1 Liverpool

2 Shitty

3 (or 4) Manure (outright or on GD)

4 (or 3) Leicester  (outright or on GD)

5 Sheffield U (on GD only and it will take some doing, including us getting mashed) on 63

6 Chels on 63

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

1 Liverpool

2 Shitty

3 (or 4) Manure (outright or on GD)

4 (or 3) Leicester  (outright or on GD)

5 Sheffield U (on GD only and it will take some doing, including us getting mashed) on 63

6 Chels on 63

I don't want to jinx it but I doubt Sheffield United would have gone (or would go) on a goalscoring spree all of a sudden. They have scored only 38 goals in 35 games. And as much as we are bad defensively, I doubt we would get thrashed badly for the GD swing to happen. Besides, had 5th place become a CL spot, one more point from the last 2 games would have been enough to guarantee it mathematically, which is better than the 4 points needed now, excluding what Leicester/United might do. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't want to jinx it but I doubt Sheffield United would have gone on a goalscoring spree all of a sudden. They have scored only 38 goals in 35 games. And as much as we are bad defensively, I doubt we would get thrashed badly for the GD swing to happen. Besides, had 5th place become a CL spot, one more point from the last 2 games would have been enough to guarantee it mathematically, which is better than the 4 points needed now, excluding what Leicester/United might do. 

I only said it was mathematically not over

in reality, the worst we can do is 5th in 99% of the simulations

and unfortunately the chances of that (5th) are still much higher than the 'oh, we do not even need a single more point' crew are banging on about

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That's not a trick question, right? :lol: 

He's a WWE legend and currently the Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development for them.

I just googled it

I had no clue, I DETEST pro wrestling

hate it with a burning passion of a thousand suns

sorry

and unfortunately the chances of that (5th) are still much higher than the 'oh, we do not even need a single more point' crew are banging on about

While i do think it is perfectly possible that Leicester lose the next  two games; our task might become much easier:

Wolves are more or less out of the race for top4, which means they will not be as motivated as us in the last game of the season.

If Liverpool lose today, they can not break the points record anymore, hence have a bit less to play for vs us as well.

Anyway, I think a win vs Wolves will clinch it for us, albeit not mathematically but leicester getting 7 points? come on

If your life depends on guessing how much points Leicester is going to win in the last three games, what would you say?

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Oh yeah, a lot of people are jumping the gun already. 

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I just googled it

I had no clue, I DETEST pro wrestling

hate it with a burning passion of a thousand suns

sorry

Okay, whatever. I don't care. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

While i do think it is perfectly possible that Leicester lose the next  two games; our task might become much easier:

Wolves are more or less out of the race for top4, which means they will not be as motivated as us in the last game of the season.

If Liverpool lose today, they can not break the points record anymore, hence have a bit less to play for vs us as well.

Anyway, I think a win vs Wolves will clinch it for us, albeit not mathematically but leicester getting 7 points? come on

if we finish on 63

and Leicester go 1 win, one draw, one loss (or better) they finish on 63 (or more) and do through on GD or on points

the exact same for Manure

and  if we draw v victimpool or wolves and lose the other

we are on 64

then it only takes a win and two draws for Manure and Leicester to BOTH top us 

the skulduggery possibility is

we draw with the dippers or lose to the dippers

and both Manure and Leicester come into the final game on 63 (or more points) or even on 62

and we go down BIG in the first 45 minutes to Wolves (if we lose to the dippers this works even if Manure and Leicester come in only 62 each) 

a  draw puts both through if we have 63 and they are on 62, OR if we are on 64 and they are on 63 coming in

if we are smashed in the first half v wolves, they both will know a draw puts BOTH through in either scenario

again, if we lose both games (and are wiped out by HT v wolves), then as long as one of them has 62 and the other the same or even more (probably manure)

then a draw still puts them both through (due to GD at worst or on points at worst)

they could park the bus by mutual agreement

if they both come in on 63 or more they would not even have to draw, if we are thrashed by wolves at HT (or the just beaten by FT) provided we already lost to the dippers

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if we finish on 63

and Leicester go 1 win, one draw, one loss (or better) they finish on 63 (or more) and do through on GD or on points

the exact same for Manure

and  if we draw v victimpool or wolves and lose the other

we are on 64

then it only takes a win and two draws for Manure and Leicester to BOTH top us 

the skulduggery possibility is

we draw with the dippers or lose to the dippers

and both Manure and Leicester come into the final game on 63 (or more points) or even on 62

and we go down BIG in the first 45 minutes to Wolves (if we lose to the dippers this works even if Manure and Leicester come in only 62 each) 

a  draw puts both through if we have 63 and they are on 62, OR if we are on 64 and they are on 63 coming in

if we are smashed in the first half v wolves, they both will know a draw puts BOTH through in either scenario

again, if we lose both games (and are wiped out by HT v wolves), then as long as one of them has 62 and the other the same or even more (probably manure)

then a draw still puts them both through (due to GD at worst or on points at worst)

they could park the bus by mutual agreement

if they both come in on 63 or more they would not even have to draw, if we are thrashed by wolves at HT (or the just beaten by FT) provided we already lost to the dippers

math.gif

I don't know why people are so keen or bold to make predictions about Leicester or Man United's results. Don't want to get our hopes up again after the BS results we've had this season. I'd rather wait and see what happens, especially tomorrow.