• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, Jason said:

Guess you have forgotten our defence last night, aye? 

The same defence that restricted Leicester and the best offense in the league to 0 goals from openplay.

This game vs pool will suit us more. Wehave defended well vs the big teams mostly when we remained compact. We usually have the problems from set pieces where liverpool have only one dangerous player and are in general even shorter than we or when we are spread by committing to many players forward and are hit on the break or similar. I think we will be clever enough to not allow that. As soon as we can defend in numbers with a lower block we will be fine.

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The same defence that restricted Leicester and the best offense in the league to 0 goals from openplay.

This game vs pool will suit us more. Wehave defended well vs the big teams mostly when we remained compact. We usually have the problems from set pieces where liverpool have only one dangerous player and are in general even shorter than we or when we are spread by committing to many players forward and are hit on the break or similar. I think we will be clever enough to not allow that. As soon as we can defend in numbers with a lower block we will be fine.

The problem is, this defence cannot be trusted. They can play like gods in one game and then play like clowns in the next.

Also, not sure restricting Leicester is much of an achievement given they have been struggling for goals anyway. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Also, City again showing that you can never have enough top class attacking players. No Aguero, no Silva, no Bernardo, Sané gone. And they still dismantle the best side in the league.

This is why Havertz should still be a target. Yes, we need defenders, but what we have up on the business end of the pitch could use more upgrades too.

They are the ONLY team that have that many top class attacking player because their finance is crazy. No team will sign cancelo as backup rb other than city. 

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

All three goals we conceded at SB in three games this season against City and Liverpool have been from set pieces.

And arguably all three fouls have been unnecessary. Chris and Azpi against Liverpool and Kante against City.

So not only we defend corners and crosses badly we also make stupid fouls in dangerous area.

And I just realized 3 of 4 goals we conceded against UTD have also been from set pieces. And Ndidi for Leicester...

God, anyone have stats? How many goals in total we conceded from set pieces this season? Surely over 20...

But I agree, we are very much capable even with this squad to keep clean sheet against best teams.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The problem is, this defence cannot be trusted. They can play like gods in one game and then play like clowns in the next.

Also, not sure restricting Leicester is much of an achievement given they have been struggling for goals anyway. 

7a341f23090fe26a55e77f7420e9e9f0.jpgThe players and coaches smile for a photograph during the training session... most are wearing matching wigs and noses to celebrate

18 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

City has never been strong at indirect set pieces (short player everywhere) but pool is very good.

what is wrong with Rudiger this year?
he should be pushing on toward WC, and instead has dreadfully regressed
he has the size, pace, athletic ability to be a top 15 or even top 10 CB
but now his positioning and instincts are fucked up
he is a massive spanner in my constant plotting for forming the team
I had him as a CB to find a partner for who complimented him (hint, Romagnoli) since we bought him

Me personally, I never rated him highly because I know him a little bit from Bundesliga and German national team. He is a very good 1 vs 1 defender and has the athletic abilities. But he never had the football IQ. I have a theory why that may be the case. He played most of his amateur and street football career as a striker and midfielder. Only later when he was 15-17 years old, he started playing CB and later on he went to Stuttgart. He started very late with football and he was playing other position and he never really developt the basics. He only relied on his athleticism, which is enough for Youth and most Bundesliga teams. But you need more when you want to reach WC level. But it may change one year. Who knows

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jason said:

12 apparently. Joint fourth-most in the league.

This is only PL? 

Because we conceded from all Lille, Ajax, Valencia in CL.. UTD in FA cup both goals. Even Hull and Grimsby (goalkeeper made assist)... 

So surely over 20 goals... At least 1/3 of all goals this season. UNACCEPTABLE!

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is only PL? 

Because we conceded from all Lille, Ajax, Valencia in CL.. UTD in FA cup both goals. Even Hull and Grimsby (goalkeeper made assist)... 

Yes, in the league.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is only PL?