The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Yes Chelsea have always shot themselves in the foot it's in our D.N.A.. I was especially gutted because I had a Eddie McCreadie's Blue and White Army silk scarf that I used to wear on my wrist those were the days.

Yeah all that Chels memorabilia really collectable now. Had a huge collection of badges that I got rid of.

Btw you can tell this is an international forum - youre the only one that's acknowledged English footballs greatest achievement

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah all that Chels memorabilia really collectable now. Had a huge collection of badges that I got rid of.

Btw you can tell this is an international forum - youre the only one that's acknowledged English footballs greatest achievement

Bought a pin badge on Ebay the little one's from the late 70's early 80's.. You could get them in yellow and green and white and blue as well.  I also bought a red white and green scarf. Had loads of badges and scarfs when I was a kid some of them cost about 30 quid on Ebay now. I moved house recently had to leave all my Chelsea fanzines I used to buy them all even though some of them were terrible like Red Card.

4 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Bought a pin badge on Ebay the little one's from the late 70's early 80's.. You could get them in yellow and green and white and blue as well.  I also bought a red white and green scarf. Had loads of badges and scarfs when I was a kid some of them cost about 30 quid on Ebay now. I moved house recently had to leave all my Chelsea fanzines I used to buy them all even though some of them were terrible like Red Card.

Bet you wish you'd kept em now ! Ahhh Red Card. My favourite was Chelsea Independent but also CFCUK ''Its onlyyyy a paahnd!!''

10 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bet you wish you'd kept em now ! Ahhh Red Card. My favourite was Chelsea Independent but also CFCUK ''Its onlyyyy a paahnd!!''

Talking of Geoff Hurst here's a clip for you F.B. ''Is Geoff Hurst's career as a pundit over ?  It is now''

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Talking of Geoff Hurst here's a clip for you F.B. ''Is Geoff Hurst's career as a pundit over ?  It is now''

Blimey that explains why hes never been asked as a pundit since. Garth has had a few pies since  -Girth Crooks

put your money on WBA to be Relegated.

WBA lost to Torquay United from The League : Conference National

Torquay United - West Bromwich Albion

2 - 1 [FULL TIME]

2 - 1
81'

59'
2 - 0

52'
1 - 0

http://www.sofascore.com/west-bromwich-albion-torquay-united/isec

http://www.flashscore.com/match/b3I9WFxg/#match-summary

Edited by KevinAshburner

Defense was not the problem with Wilmots. We did not concede often with him as a manager. Wales was obviously the exception since Alderweireld was the only serious defender left (No Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Lombaerts, ...). Problem was having no tactical plans, especially when behind against a defensive opponent. 

Martinez won't be worse. Considering we can't pay the absolute top managers (Wilmots only made 600.000 euro a year), this is not too bad.