The English Football Thread

Steve

So much hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, lol.

If it was us scraping through a win it'd be seen as "Only results matter", "We'll get better, it's only the start of the season" etc etc etc. But because it's a rival they're obviously shit and unimpressive, which is true but such a shortsighted thing to say all things considered.

They're doing it like we did after losing to psg last season.

They won't win the league though imo, just because of the lack of goalscoring players in the team and rooney looks rusty

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

So much hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, lol.

If it was us scraping through a win it'd be seen as "Only results matter", "We'll get better, it's only the start of the season" etc etc etc. But because it's a rival they're obviously shit and unimpressive, which is true but such a shortsighted thing to say all things considered.

It's incredible really. I actually commend Utd for winning two games they weren't their best in. People need to understand that whilst they aren't playing amazing they are still getting results. They're obviously still trying to click - it'll be interesting to see when they do. If they keep scraping results in the mean time then we've got a serious title rival.

That is true but then again, last season they had periods where they picked up wins despite not playing well and it didn't get them anywhere. I guess you would just expect United, after 1 season and spending more than 200m under Van Gaal, to get better but so far, they still look unimpressive as last season and lack that distinct style of play or identity, if you like, that Van Gaal has talked so much about.

They're doing it like we did after losing to psg last season.

They won't win the league though imo, just because of the lack of goalscoring players in the team and rooney looks rusty

I'd disagree with lack of goal scorers, they do have Memphis, Mata and Rooney in the team after all, all who grab 10/20+ goals in the season.

I'd disagree with lack of goal scorers, they do have Memphis, Mata and Rooney in the team after all, all who grab 10/20+ goals in the season.

I feel Mata on the right wing eliminates his goalscoring threat, while rooney has been looking like he's forgotten how to play striker position.

They still need a proven goalscorer (unless Rooney scores 25+, Hernandez scores 10+ and the rest of the team chips in when needed)