The English Football Thread

Steve

I am concerned about the fact that we will play 3 match before we face City and City only 1.

That's why I thought it would be wise to combine our starters with backup or kids in these 3 games. We could say that this Liverpool matches and the FA cup are also important, but our aim is to prepare to get the best condition for our Starting XI for the City match.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

at the start of december the "EXPERTS" looked at the fixtures and forecast City would be 1 point ahead at the end of December.

they got it almost right ,, the bookies still kept us favourites even when we were level on points .

now they have as us at 2 .9 and city as 9 ....2 .... Bookies arent idiots ... just gonna put my holiday money on City :yay:

btw I had a small bet on city winning today :clown:

You mean the experts like @Pizy, and such that was crying about their easy fixtures and how they will get ahead of us because of this?

I remember telling them that it didn't matter because they will have the hard fixtures later and that will help us the most.

We are starting to see that by just them playing Everton and Arsenal.

Lol, why we have to afraid, Bony, Yaya, even he could bring his brother Kolo if he want. Bring it on, we could beat them with their fullest strength.

Yes, against Arsenal yesterday, if Yaya and Bony playing, Arsenal might not that comfortable win it like yesterday. But against us at Stamford Bridge, it is really different case.

I am concerned about the fact that we will play 3 match before we face City and City only 1.

Im not, we will be a lot sharper and if we book a place at Wembley, there's nothing like winning to keep momentum up.

Im not, we will be a lot sharper and if we book a place at Wembley, there's nothing like winning to keep momentum up.

I know, but physical condition is a tangible factor in the equation.

Look how we played much better with a week of rest?

I say get things done tomorrow with Liverpool - yeah, at the Anfield - because we can. Then play a mixed team in the weekend and next week against Liverpool

Our key players need to be spared one out of the two games after this Tuesday. So rest some the weekend and others next week.

Thank u arsena, big win for us today . I know the season is far from over, but this loss for city will cost them the league. We will beat them in 2 weeks and go 8 clear. Their schedule is very difficult compared to us and that will be the deciding factor here.

City are flying to Abu Dubai and then playing a friendly against a German team - Hamburg or Wolfsberg somebody like that

I agree Physical condition will be important - a win would be massive, but a draw would be fine with me.

The key to beating them is stopping them running at you and blocking off Silva. They also look shaky in defence and our boys should find some space and Demichelles (sp) looks prone to mistakes, probably more so than Cahil :)

Lol, why we have to afraid, Bony, Yaya, even he could bring his brother Kolo if he want. Bring it on, we could beat them with their fullest strength.

Yes, against Arsenal yesterday, if Yaya and Bony playing, Arsenal might not that comfortable win it like yesterday. But against us at Stamford Bridge, it is really different case.

They also missed Nasri yesterday.

This season we have mostly lost points in those games we expected to do so. away in Manchester, Newcastle, Spurs and Southampton - all hard places to go. But the only remaining tough away fixtures are the 3 London derbies. Hull and Villa at a stretch. On paper our remaining league fixtures are criminally easy. Beat City and we are champions - simple as. I know it is a long way to go, but without major injuries, I don't see how we will lose an 8 point lead again. The challenge now is keeping our squad fresh. Our main disadvantage is our inferior squad size. It will be interesting to see how Mourinho juggles our ressources to keep the team fresh for the City clash and for the upoming months.

which plays into our cards. They have to try and go at us wihtout their precious yaya. WE can wait for the counter attack. Take out one of their 3 world class players and they look average. Milner, Navas, Fernando, Demichelis, Clichy, Mangala.... You won't see more average , but mostly PL-proven player material in one squad. If that lot win the EPL, it would be an evidence of incapacity for the league and especially us. They have needed a 36 y.o. Chelsea reject's goals to be remotedly close to us. Now put them into place.

Absolutely 100% agreed.

We just can't think that the game's done before the kick off. The lads have to stay focused and respect the rival. Look how we're going at home this season. I believe if we don't ignore City, we'll beat them.

But even if we win, we can't say the league is done. Still got some tough games, where we can drop points. Have to stay focused until the end.