The English Football Thread

Steve

The majority of City's players have won the title twice in the last 3 years. In contrast most of our squad has never won the PL and Jose hasn't won a trophy in a while so you'd think we'd be well ahead based on motivation. The old cliché 'it's harder to retain the league than it is to win it' is certainly true and you have to credit City for how they are keeping up with us even though they are almost certainly a lot less hungry for the title than we are.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

They seem to be able to take advantage of other teams mistakes whereas we have a habit of being the team to make the mistake or do the ssme.They don't cracks under pressure n has been title win in the last few games of the season

No back to back..hopefully that won't change

Honestly though, do you think Chelsea is a better squad than City when fully fit?

GK: Chelsea

Defenders:City

Midfield: City

Forwards:City

TBH, I think City have the best 3 players in the league in aguero, silva and yaya (I guess not that great this season so far)....

Honestly though, do you think Chelsea is a better squad than City when fully fit?

GK: Chelsea

Defenders:City

Midfield: City

Forwards:City

TBH, I think City have the best 3 players in the league in aguero, silva and yaya (I guess not that great this season so far)....

Lol.. wow! Hazard, Fabregas and Costa all exist, you know?

Manchester City: Where the grass is always greener.

City have better defenders? LMAO.

Please tell me Toure is fucking off to ACoN for a month.

You know what's crazy?

Courtois, Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa are all top candidates for a spot in the PL team of the year. Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas and Hazard would even make most people's team of the year.

The only top candidate and red hot favourite at City is Aguero. The likes of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Nasri aren't at their best and Silva has been in and out of games because of injury.

Chelsea and City have the same amount of points. How is that possible?

You know what's crazy?

Courtois, Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa are all top candidates for a spot in the PL team of the year. Terry, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas and Hazard would even make most people's team of the year.

The only top candidate and red hot favourite at City is Aguero. The likes of Hart, Kompany, Toure, Nasri aren't at their best and Silva has been in and out of games because of injury.

Chelsea and City have the same amount of points. How is that possible?

3 things in the main for me - better quality off the bench, easier fixtures and some refereeing decisions.

Or schedule has been incredibly difficult, we have played more away games than any other pl team

I just checked. Chelsea have played 11 away games, City 10. Chelsea 19 points, City 23 points.

City do have the far tougher away game schedule though. West Ham and Arsenal are the most tricky for Chels. City have to go to Everton, Chelsea, Stoke, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham.

So that definitely makes things more difficult for them. Our team hasn't exactly been performing away from home though. Need to step it up. 6 W from the last 8 away games should be possible. 5 W at the least, with max 1 L. I wonder how long the perfect home run will continue.

I just checked. Chelsea have played 11 away games, City 10. Chelsea 19 points, City 23 points.

City do have the far tougher away game schedule though. West Ham and Arsenal are the most tricky for Chels. City have to go to Everton, Chelsea, Stoke, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham.

So that definitely makes things more difficult for them. Our team hasn't exactly been performing away from home though. Need to step it up. 6 W from the last 8 away games should be possible. 5 W at the least, with max 1 L. I wonder how long the perfect home run will continue.

Honestly, on current form, I wouldn't even classify the Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham games being tough for City. Everton have been poor this season. Liverpool are still unpredictable. And Tottenham have been absolutely rubbish in recent games against City.

3 things in the main for me - better quality off the bench, easier fixtures and some refereeing decisions.

Do they really have the better bench? They have better options at RB, more options at CB but the rest? Fernando/Fernandinho, Lampard, Milner, Navas/Nasri, Dzeko and Jovetic vs. Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Drogba, Remy? It's not that much better. I'd say they rotated better (also because of injuries). They seem more in tune when they play.

Easier fixtures, yes. I didn't check the schedule. That definitely plays a part.

Honestly, on current form, I wouldn't even classify the Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham games being tough for City. Everton have been poor this season. Liverpool are still unpredictable. And Tottenham have been absolutely rubbish in recent games against City.

Yeah, I can see them win at Everton. Liverpool could surprise. Most likely not, but still. Tottenham are usually rubbish against Chelsea! Bastards.

Yeah, I can see them win at Everton. Liverpool could surprise. Most likely not, but still. Tottenham are usually rubbish against Chelsea! Bastards.

TBF, they haven't been that bad against us at WHL in recent years. Suffered only 1 league defeat since the 05/06 season.

Do they really have the better bench? They have better options at RB, more options at CB but the rest? Fernando/Fernandinho, Lampard, Milner, Navas/Nasri, Dzeko and Jovetic vs. Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Drogba, Remy? It's not that much better. I'd say they rotated better (also because of injuries). They seem more in tune when they play.

Easier fixtures, yes. I didn't check the schedule. That definitely plays a part.

Yes, for me. It's not even a debate IMO, as their points and results show. They've rotated better not just out of necessity but also because they can afford to trust the bench. Do Chelsea get anywhere near their points haul without Costa, Terry, Hazard and Matic for parts of the season, like they've had to? Schurrle is on some weird decline, Salah, Luis and Remy are ghosts and bizarrely not in the trust circle somehow. Rami has been unlucky and Mourinho's untouchables policy hasn't helped but I think they do have in-form and better performing alternatives.

Yes, for me. It's not even a debate IMO, as their points and results show. They've rotated better not just out of necessity but also because they can afford to trust the bench. Do Chelsea get anywhere near their points haul without Costa, Terry, Hazard and Matic for parts of the season, like they've had to? Schurrle is on some weird decline, Salah, Luis and Remy are ghosts and bizarrely not in the trust circle somehow. Rami has been unlucky and Mourinho's untouchables policy hasn't helped but I think they do have in-form and better performing alternatives.

That's what I said and that's key. Better peforming. I say it's because of the game time. Utd have suffered an incredible amount of injuries. They've had to change their line-up constantly. They don't even having that much quality overall to begin with. A lot of squad players, youngsters even, had to come in and play. They are 9 points behind a pratically fully fit Chelsea and City. Quite remarkable.

Schurrle, Salah and Ramires were all better last season, Mikel is Mikel, Remy scored 14 PL goals last season and Luis was a starter for a La Liga winning side, also playing in the CL final. These aren't poor players. They look poor though, but they lack match rythm. And they seem to lack trust from their manager, that affects your game.

Lol.. wow! Hazard, Fabregas and Costa all exist, you know?

Manchester City: Where the grass is always greener.

Costa, remy, drogba vs a fit aguero, jovetic and dzeko.

Mdifield is debatable.

However a fit kompany, nastisic, mangala and demichellis vs jt, cahill, ivan and zouma?

Thats what my point was or what i was trying to make before.

City is leveled with chelsea even though City has a terrible injury bugs this whole season with key players getting hit hard.

When both are completely healthy, City is a better overall squad than Chelsea.

And no way in hell will chelsea beat city in goals scored this season, so chelsea needs to make sure they win in points.