The English Football Thread

Steve

Lampard "signed" for New York City FC in July but with the new MLS season not starting until March, he joined Manchester City - who part-own New York City - until January.

Crucially, this was not a loan deal but a short-term contract signed as a free agent. It is understood the contract was for the entire season, with a break clause that was agreed would be activated at midnight tonight.

City needed that break clause removed if Lampard was to remain with them, which happened today.

But there was no need to re-sign him or re-register him with the Premier League because he was already on a contract until the end of the season and therefore registered as a City player - eligible for Sunderland and beyond. All that needed to happen was removal of the break clause.

Amendments to existing contracts require Premier League board ratification, which happened today.

All of this calls into question the exact nature of Lampard's signing/contract/agreement with New York City.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjk6sa

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

’There were a couple of opportunities to stay in the Premier League, but I can’t imagine playing for anyone else after being with Chelsea for 12 years. I’ve got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I’m not sure I could have done that’’

‘Frank Lampard’

Ashley Cole, went to Italy after crying after our final game last season.

Didier Drogba, goes to China! after winning us the UCL.

John Terry, the one club Hero.

What hurt the most about this whole ideal, was the fact that one of our own, our own legend, was willing to be a mercenary for City.

That's just not supposed to happen at Chelsea. You see that shit with Arsenal.

Enough said on the matter. He can piss off now, and take some more acting class in preparation for January 31. Can't wait to see the water works.

’There were a couple of opportunities to stay in the Premier League, but I can’t imagine playing for anyone else after being with Chelsea for 12 years. I’ve got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I’m not sure I could have done that’’

‘Frank Lampard’

Hitler_no_compassion_for_traitors_animat

Yea all these people are shameful, you are the only one who's right.

We had twelve years of excellence and commitment. A player that many are jealous of, highest scoring midfielder in the history of England, 3 PL titles, a Champions League Cup, 3 FA cups, a Europa league cup, 2 League Cups, and 2 Community Shields. You know what? People move on. I suggest you do the same. We should be happy and proud to have had such a player for so long.

God forbid, people look the bright side of life.

We had twelve years of excellence and commitment. A player that many are jealous of, highest scoring midfielder in the history of England, 3 PL titles, a Champions League Cup, 3 FA cups, a Europa league cup, 2 League Cups, and 2 Community Shields. You know what? People move on. I suggest you do the same. We should be happy and proud to have had such a player for so long.

God forbid, people look the bright side of life.

Yea I'm sure most Chelsea fans are happy and proud right now. Get some perspective please. You don't do this to the fans you supposedly love and adore.

I wonder what the bright side will be when he helps us lose the title.

Yea I'm sure most Chelsea fans are happy and proud right now. Get some perspective please. You don't do this to the fans you supposedly love and adore.

I wonder what the bright side will be when he helps us lose the title.

Well, it's good to know you missed the point of my posts entirely. I never stated that Chelsea fans are happy and proud of Lampard right now, but I did say that they should be proud of the 400+ games he played for the team. I don't believe any footballer cares about the team or fans, besides what is with people taking this so personally? It's not like your wife is fucking another man and leaving you for another family (perhaps a poor analogy). The title race isn't over, but you think it is; should I place a bet?

My perspective is fine thanks, I suggest you take your own medication before perscribing it to other people. :)