The English Football Thread

Steve

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9625127/monday-night-football-awards-gary-neville-and-jamie-carragher-have-their-say-at-the-halfway-stage

Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher picked their team of the season so far on Monday Night Football, as the Premier League reached its halfway point.

ROA.JPG

No Cesc?

Sorry, but trolololololol

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

No Cesc?

Sorry, but trolololololol

Jamie picked Cesc but Gary picked Schneiderlin for team balance purposes rather than who has been the best central midfielder. All in all, Gary wanted to pick Cesc but his affiliation towards Chelsea these past few years would yet again be opened out. Even though I do love it.

Jamie picked Cesc but Gary picked Schneiderlin for team balance purposes rather than who has been the best central midfielder. All in all, Gary wanted to pick Cesc but his affiliation towards Chelsea these past few years would yet again be opened out. Even though I do love it.

well, the midfielder with the best return in the league (assists + goals) isn't part of their midfield.Seriously, they lose all credit doing it. Matic + Cesc has been in my opinion the best pivot partnership in the league by far exactly because it's very balanced.

Not that it matters anyway, this is just a TV show team of the (half) season, but it's laughable regardless.

and which affiliation towards Chelsea? Didn't know about it

Yeah, even Gary himself said he doesn't know why he picked Schneiderline over Cesc. Jamie even said "I hope that Cesc is not watching this show, because he'd never watch again!" :lol:

I reckon Sky didn't want even more Chelsea players in that team so they don't look biased.

Yeah, even Gary himself said he doesn't know why he picked Schneiderline over Cesc. Jamie even said "I hope that Cesc is not watching this show, because he'd never watch again!" :lol:

I reckon Sky didn't want even more Chelsea players in that team so they don't look biased.

So they could have chosen another RB instead of overlooking a guy that is among the top3 players in the league...

well, the midfielder with the best return in the league (assists + goals) isn't part of their midfield.Seriously, they lose all credit doing it. Matic + Cesc has been in my opinion the best pivot partnership in the league by far exactly because it's very balanced. Not that it matters anyway, this is just a TV show team of the (half) season, but it's laughable regardless.

They did a twitter poll to decide two positions which they didn't agree on - Cahill vs. Fonte, and Cesc vs. Schneiderlin. Arsenal fans (who are always obsessed with twitter polls, the only thing they win lol) voted en masse for Fonte and Schneiderlin in particular.

Well that's true.

A mid of Hazard, Matic, Sanchez and Fabregas would not be of great balance.

That's why you don't play with 2 strikers, and I would choose Aguero over Costa.

And put Fabregas in for Costa.

Now that would be a well balanced and build team.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9625127/monday-night-football-awards-gary-neville-and-jamie-carragher-have-their-say-at-the-halfway-stage

Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher picked their team of the season so far on Monday Night Football, as the Premier League reached its halfway point.

ROA.JPG

Too defensive for my taste...

I put in zabaleta and silva (if he counts due to injury) and drop ivan and schneiderlin. Drop fonte as well, but I dont know what other cb in the league was good this year.

No one on that squad is particularly good in set pieces.. *maybe sanchez

Fabregas is booked for diving when he didnt dive.....Sterling pretty much punches a dude in the face and gets away with it. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

Least the ref apologized but still to late..Sterling..nothing was even said about it!Brief mention on live text but other then that nothing.