• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

One blemish on a near-perfect record? Come on.

Henry is a legend in the Premier League and as a football you've got the appreciate the quality of him. You can't deny he was a big game player, he did help them win their trophies before their drought post-Henry era. He's right up there with the Shearer's, Cole's, Drogba's et al. His pace & finishing were outstanding, he deserves this recognition.

Alan Shearer is widely regarded as one of the greatest English strikers and rightly so, and he played in what, One FA Cup final for Newcastle? Henry won Arsenal leagues nearly on his own, and consistently produced great displays in the big european games, look at his goals in the Bernabau and San Siro.

On Shearer, Hope to see the year Newcastle challenged for the title on Premier League Years over Christmas. Loved that team, The Entertainers.

I'm not taking anything away from his Premier League status nor his international and domestic achievements as they are truly memorizing accolades. What is staggering about him, a flaw that in my opinion weighs heavy on his overall status as a world class striker was the mere fact that he has appeared in more than 10 Cup Finals and has scored zero. Every Legend must be there for the big occasion and the highest of magnitudes and competition.

I have not once taken anything away from his overall attacking ability and consistency as a footballer, just pointing out the major and blatant obvious that Thierry Henry is the last person on the pitch to score during a cup final.

How much time to the draws?

Hoping we get sheffield at the bridge in the first match. Win that 3-0/4-0 and rest players for the other one.

I'd rather face Liverpool over two legs than in the final where anything can happen.