• Replies 65.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

ha true. A mate of mine is 1,92m and big as a tank and is left back because he makes too much shit as a CB. I used to be winger/striker Schürrle-style just bigger and more clumsy but because i am shit technically I play mainly as rightback to track fast attackers. But I think guys like Schmelzer, Azpilicueta or Lahm are born fullbacks because they might got the pace and skill of a decent winger but also got the tackling ability and tactical awareness of a defender.

some of the British accents are so annoying to hear... thanks God I don't have to hear Jamie commentating matches in Brazil.

I must teach you the Cumbrian dialect its a little north from Liverpool ....

today we can start with counting to five

yan chan blethera tethera pimp

I must teach you the Cumbrian dialect its a little north from Liverpool ....

today we can start with counting to five

yan chan blethera tethera pimp

that must be why I can't understand half of the things he said after 'Ashely Cole was a winger'. But he does have a point.

Except in Brazil. Kids in Brazil want to be the next Roberto Carlos (although of course, they'd rather be the next Neymar) because FB are seen as attacking players in Brazil (sort of wingers, but not quite) which is why most FBs that leave to Europe have to learn how to defend, but they can cross the heck out of everything. Which is why when I first joined here I suggested Kevin to replace Cole :P That's how we see the thing. A FB's main responsibility for the fans is attacking, linking up plays, making runs, crossing balls. Managers of course demand them to defend as well, but most of them will overlook the defensive deficiencies if they can perform well attacking. So yeah, kids here want to be FBs :P

Nobody wants to speak like Jamie Carragher though

All our players will probably be better off elsewhere is this is anything to go by.

Sturridge, marin, now moses argh

All our average attackers looking fantastic elsewhere. Frustrating.

At least we got mata

Might as well send Mata to United and see if he can be fantastic again because he currently looks average for us.

Its not feeling funny again, every single attacker that leaves chelsea looks class in their next team.

Torres will probably be world class if he leaves.

Maybe our team, built for only midfielders is causing this.

I'm wondering if it's because of our physical preparation that seems to be only good for big players, all players with pace seems with a few exception to lose their pace at Chelsea. The defense sitting deep and slow play from the back doesn't help either.

And playing with Ivanovic and cole as fullback doesn't help either. Azpi playing last year helped a lot on the right side, Ramires playing as central midfield and drifting more to the right also helped.

On the left, they were often no midfielders in support of Cole and Hazard.

So far, the last three years, only under Benitez we looked quite good in offense and had some dynamism in the team, the defense pushing quite high and not looking ultra vulnerable like under AVB who playerd lot of older players.