The English Football Thread

Steve

28s6h5h.png

Look at this fantastic post from this extremely creative member of the spurs forum. Who goes by the name of Mr S, of course he would want us to think that the name Mrs was just a funny thing he put in there, not his stupidity to only just realize it after he put it.

So according to the Spurs forum, Jose Mourinho is terrified of AVB, and apparently AVB has everything to gain and nothing to loose. Oh really? You're like what the 2nd highest spenders in the Premier League? So if Spurs don't finish 4th that means you're still going to be making profits, you're still going to be able to keep hold of players after you've proven you are spending yet you still can't finish in it?

You know as much as I would like to see Arsenal out of top 4, I think I would love this one even more if Spurs didn't finish top 4 again, could you imagine the crises they would have, if anything they have more pressure than us. We could finish 3rd and we would come back stronger next season, you finish 5th and players are going to leave, and you're going to have to sell players because you've gambled on a season.

• Replies 66.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Let's see how long it's going to take until someone starts the "we shouldn't have sold Sturridge" crap again :D

You just opened the can of shit worms yourself, or are you too stupid to realize that? But seeing that you are a hunter from Bulgaria anything can be...

Great goal, he is not only great striker, but has fancy footwork too

Sturridge would have been bad under our system. Good for him cause he went to a club where the style suits him.

This is beginning to scare me as the reality.

When did this start happening? We've had drogba and anelka as top EPL scores and now we don't suit strikers.

Torres, ba, sturridge, lukaku etc all look good for other teams and terrible for us.

(During this period, we've never competed for the league again)

I think we need to change our whole system. That's why I'm in support of willian signing. We need to go back to having more width or pace in our flanks and being compact in the middle.

This is beginning to scare me as the reality.

When did this start happening? We've had drogba and anelka as top EPL scores and now we don't suit strikers.

Torres, ba, sturridge, lukaku etc all look good for other teams and terrible for us.

(During this period, we've never competed for the league again)

I think we need to change our whole system. That's why I'm in support of willian signing. We need to go back to having more width or pace in our flanks and being compact in the middle.

Don't get worried about it, it's not the striker problem what has stopped us from winning the title.

The past 3 seasons we wouldn't of won the title even if we had fat Ronaldo upfront in his prime. Our team has been gelling together, this is the actual season where we will go for the title. And yes we do need a striker, but I don't think we need any Robin Van Persie upfront and score us all the goals cause it ain't going to happen.

We are a fluid team, all our team is going to score goals, all we could do with is what Bayern Munich do, when they just have someone like Mandazukic upfront, he's a good player but he's not world class. He's like a target man and a team player, he's not just out there to score goals he just causes problems for the defenders, instead the likes of Muller, Robben and Ribery chip in on a lot of goals they score.

Not saying we need a false 9 we just need a deep striker, Rooney would even do but that isn't going to happen. Torres is finished and has been for some time, Ba is rotational at most, and Lukaku is still very young, we can't just shot him upfront. I can't see us getting a real goal scoring striker anytime soon, not a golden boot striker because it's not what we need, we will score goals as a team, so realistically there is no playmaker or target man in our team, the whole team plays in different positions.

You just opened the can of shit worms yourself, or are you too stupid to realize that? But seeing that you are a hunter from Bulgaria anything can be...

Great goal, he is not only great striker, but has fancy footwork too

Sturridge was never going to work out for us and it doesn't matter how well he does for liverpool. But seeing that you are a moron, who likes to insult nations, it gives me a hint that I shouldn't waste my time with you.

Don't get worried about it, it's not the striker problem what has stopped us from winning the title.

The past 3 seasons we wouldn't of won the title even if we had fat Ronaldo upfront in his prime. Our team has been gelling together, this is the actual season where we will go for the title. And yes we do need a striker, but I don't think we need any Robin Van Persie upfront and score us all the goals cause it ain't going to happen.

We are a fluid team, all our team is going to score goals, all we could do with is what Bayern Munich do, when they just have someone like Mandazukic upfront, he's a good player but he's not world class. He's like a target man and a team player, he's not just out there to score goals he just causes problems for the defenders, instead the likes of Muller, Robben and Ribery chip in on a lot of goals they score.

Not saying we need a false 9 we just need a deep striker, Rooney would even do but that isn't going to happen. Torres is finished and has been for some time, Ba is rotational at most, and Lukaku is still very young, we can't just shot him upfront. I can't see us getting a real goal scoring striker anytime soon, not a golden boot striker because it's not what we need, we will score goals as a team, so realistically there is no playmaker or target man in our team, the whole team plays in different positions.

I just hope the fluidity is enough. Because I can't remember when last our strikers had 15 EPL goals... Yea it was only those times we won the league. I think mandzukic scored up to 15 league goals last season, so its still better than what chelsea has done for some years now.

I think I'll have to research on chances created for our strikers during our league winning seasons and now for a proper analysis of this.

Thinking this Newcastle team finished above us 15 months ago makes me cringe with embarrassment.

Embarrassing it maybe, they performed better than us that season even if we have the better squad on paper. Their struggles since then have shown it's nothing more than a false dawn or one season wonder achievement.

Sturridge would have been bad under our system. Good for him cause he went to a club where the style suits him.

HOW??? how would our system not have suited sturridge? he makes brilliant runs off the ball, his movement is mind-blowing, creates space for the midfield by his runs, and one of his biggest asset, he likes to be direct. he would have been some1 who would take a shot from 20-25 yards out rather than trying to pass the ball inside the net.

sturridge would actually have thulped in our system right now.

HOW??? how would our system not have suited sturridge? he makes brilliant runs off the ball, his movement is mind-blowing, creates space for the midfield by his runs, and one of his biggest asset, he likes to be direct. he would have been some1 who would take a shot from 20-25 yards out rather than trying to pass the ball inside the net.

sturridge would actually have thulped in our system right now.

We don't play the incisive ball through that Sturridge depends on. Why doesn't Torres have only one shot against Hull? Why did Ba not get a clear cut chance on goal? Simple reasons. Chelsea's transition from defense to attack involves strikers only linking up with the creative midfielders and creating space for others. Not going clean through on goal. Plus we can always talk about his selfishness with ball. That might be good for another team, but we'd like a striker that would pass.