The English Football Thread

Steve

We need to win 6 out of the 8.

Whatever happens, at least it's exciting and it's what the neutrals love. It's what football needs, battles like these. And secretly, deep down, we love it really.

Be exciting if we werent involved in it..sod the neturals on that part.Bottom lot however more ooo as no worry to us..thank god!That be a horrible feeling

..Arsenal fans may not need to be worrying so much anymore about finishing outside the top 4.

No games we have are defo 3 points..just how it goes on the way

• Replies 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

In the current form table based on last 6 PL games, Chelsea are in 13th having picked up only 9pts, which is the same as Villa and West Ham! Arsenal & Spurs have picked up 15pts and 12pts respectively from the last 6 PL games. Both record only bettered by Man Utd who got 18 out of 18. IF QPR win at Fulham tomorrow, they would have picked up the same number of points as Chelsea in last 6 PL games - 9 - & they're in 20th!

That's the thing now, these teams that have nothing to play for. It might also work in our favour. Liverpool probably have nothing to play for when we go there, Man Utd will already be champions, Swansea's season is over which is more annoying since they've laid down again both north london dirt, Everton last game could be meaningless for them. But then it also makes teams play with more freedom. I do think Tottenham may win all 3 too worryingly but the game we have with them is huge.

Higher postion in the table I guess...thats to play for.Even if they seem to put more effort in then we do

Anyone know anything bout Paolo Di Canio managerial style? I mean, he was a decently good player but has he ever coached a club before? And what's with his political views? I mean, he's here for football not for any political campaign. I don't understand the fuss .

Anyone know anything bout Paolo Di Canio managerial style? I mean, he was a decently good player but has he ever coached a club before? And what's with his political views? I mean, he's here for football not for any political campaign. I don't understand the fuss .

He was recently the manager of Swindon, got them promoted and was doing well this season until the owner sold one of their best players so he left.

Here's a quote - "I am a fascist, not a racist. I give the straight arm salute because it is a salute from a 'camerata' [comrade] to 'camerati'. The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don't want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred." - Di Canio reacts to his infamous salute in a derby win over Roma.

"I think he [Mussolini] was a deeply misunderstood individual. He deceived people. His actions were often vile. But all this was motivated by a higher purpose. He was basically a very principled individual. Yet he turned against his sense of right and wrong. He compromised his ethics."