The English Football Thread

Steve

Well, well well - SAF saying that he's not sure Rio will actually join up with the England squad.

They've played the master hand there - The FA saying the bitter one had no case to answer when he did Torres, probably because they knew he was getting called up by Roy and to avoid any controversy.

Now he's been let off Sir Alex won't let him come out to play - If it turns out this way I trust the FA will remember it and hammer them next time they get the chance .

Chumps

Well, the FA have been well and truly taken here.

Let's hope the FA take off the kid gloves now. SAF got exactly what he wanted, namely Rio let off any charges over his off the ball incident with Torres. Utd have done their thing with his 'fitness' scenario and made it appear that they've done nothing wrong. Rio's done as the big boss has asked and'll get his contract extension, as well as giving the FA & Hodgson a big F*** You Very Much.

Like I said Hodgson and the FA are Chumps to have ever considered him.

• Replies 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Well, the FA have been well and truly taken here.

Let's hope the FA take off the kid gloves now. SAF got exactly what he wanted, namely Rio let off any charges over his off the ball incident with Torres. Utd have done their thing with his 'fitness' scenario and made it appear that they've done nothing wrong. Rio's done as the big boss has asked and'll get his contract extension, as well as giving the FA & Hodgson a big F*** You Very Much.

Like I said Hodgson and the FA are Chumps to have ever considered him.

United will get away with everything...after all, Mr Gill is on the FA Board..

Call me crazy, but is anyone else glad that Tottenham have risen quite a bit and are actually neck-and-neck with us this season? Hear me out.

Tottenham - Arsenal = Huge rivalry.

Manchester United - Liverpool = Huge rivalry. (We can throw in Manchester City there too now.)

Everton - Liverpool = Huge rivalry.

Chelsea - Leeds United... err... well, we don't really see that rivalry often, do we? Could throw in West Ham United as the derby maybe..? But that's not exactly heart-stopping stuff!

Chelsea vs. Arsenal is of course a London derby, but despite many of us (including myself) despising the fans of Arsenal and many of their former players, there's no real hate for them from most of us (aside from Ollie on here I believe!). There's always been a hate between Chelsea and Tottenham though, regardless how long you've been a supporter or how much/little you know about each club. They hate us for being polar opposites of almost everything they stand for. We've always taken the piss out of their small club after humiliating them on countless occasions; But it's not as easy to do that anymore. They're now competing for the same spots we are in the same competitions that we're competing in. I think most of our fans hate them back primarily due to them being ignorant dirty cunts who think signing Chelsea rejects is some sort of achievement :D

Arsenal will always be Tottenham's biggest rival, but is Chelsea - Tottenham developing into one of the rivalries the world will stop for? I think so.

They've got our ex-manager who's working wonders over there which is making some of us feel a bit bitter.

•We recently beat them in a cup semi-final (which I can't even explain how much I enjoyed.)

•We've obviously had the history of pretty much abusing them as a team etc.

Oh, and remember that time when we won the Champions League Final thus preventing them from playing in the CL themselves the following season? Fun times.

Point is - it feels like this is finally turning into a proper rivalry. Our rivalry. Chelsea's biggest game of the year.

I know we've developed a rivalry with Manchester United over the last decade due to us being the biggest and most realistic contenders for the title for the majority of the last 10 years, but it's just not the same. It's not a derby.

The appeal of playing for Barcelona would be a lot less of an appeal if Real Madrid were to no longer exist. No one wants to join Barcelona to play in the Barcelona - Espanyol er, derby.

Having this rivalry can only help. In 10 years time, when the next Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard or whoever comes along and we're fighting for his signature, the idea of playing in THAT match between Chelsea - Tottenham has to be a lure.

I will always hope for Tottenham to lose & crash out of every cup competition, but is their rise actually good for us? I think so.

Not to mention how much passion it will bring out of our players, hopefully forever embedding them with blue hearts, eh.

142944471_display_image.jpg?1340059692

Even right now I look at them and Arsenal as a "stronger West Ham" with the difference being they have more annoying fans but nevertheless they are still inferior to us. That may sound a bit arrogant, but I will always consider Manure our biggest rivals.

Call me crazy, but is anyone else glad that Tottenham have risen quite a bit and are actually neck-and-neck with us this season? Hear me out.

Tottenham - Arsenal = Huge rivalry.

Manchester United - Liverpool = Huge rivalry. (We can throw in Manchester City there too now.)

Everton - Liverpool = Huge rivalry.

Chelsea - Leeds United... err... well, we don't really see that rivalry often, do we? Could throw in West Ham United as the derby maybe..? But that's not exactly heart-stopping stuff!

Chelsea vs. Arsenal is of course a London derby, but despite many of us (including myself) despising the fans of Arsenal and many of their former players, there's no real hate for them from most of us (aside from Ollie on here I believe!). There's always been a hate between Chelsea and Tottenham though, regardless how long you've been a supporter or how much/little you know about each club. They hate us for being polar opposites of almost everything they stand for. We've always taken the piss out of their small club after humiliating them on countless occasions; But it's not as easy to do that anymore. They're now competing for the same spots we are in the same competitions that we're competing in. I think most of our fans hate them back primarily due to them being ignorant dirty cunts who think signing Chelsea rejects is some sort of achievement :D

Arsenal will always be Tottenham's biggest rival, but is Chelsea - Tottenham developing into one of the rivalries the world will stop for? I think so.

They've got our ex-manager who's working wonders over there which is making some of us feel a bit bitter.

•We recently beat them in a cup semi-final (which I can't even explain how much I enjoyed.)

•We've obviously had the history of pretty much abusing them as a team etc.

Oh, and remember that time when we won the Champions League Final thus preventing them from playing in the CL themselves the following season? Fun times.

Point is - it feels like this is finally turning into a proper rivalry. Our rivalry. Chelsea's biggest game of the year.

I know we've developed a rivalry with Manchester United over the last decade due to us being the biggest and most realistic contenders for the title for the majority of the last 10 years, but it's just not the same. It's not a derby.

The appeal of playing for Barcelona would be a lot less of an appeal if Real Madrid were to no longer exist. No one wants to join Barcelona to play in the Barcelona - Espanyol er, derby.

Having this rivalry can only help. In 10 years time, when the next Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard or whoever comes along and we're fighting for his signature, the idea of playing in THAT match between Chelsea - Tottenham has to be a lure.

I will always hope for Tottenham to lose & crash out of every cup competition, but is their rise actually good for us? I think so.

Not to mention how much passion it will bring out of our players, hopefully forever embedding them with blue hearts, eh.

142944471_display_image.jpg?1340059692

To beat Tottenham 5-1 at Wembley in an FA Cup Semi Final when they haven't won the FA Cup for about 12 years, was it '91? Think so. To stop them qualifying for the UCL by winning it and rubbing their noses in it and getting Harry Redknapp the sack... to then go to WHL and beat them 4-2 with 4,000 Chelsea fans singing "Champions of Europe, we know what we are!".... They fucking hate us big time, they hate Arse more but we're up there too. Would be the greatest of the great to then pip them by 1 point into the top 4, leaving them 5th and beating them in the UEL Final, the cup that we, ourselves put them in.

I personally hope we come 3rd and Tottenham 4th (Realistically, i'd rather Everton 4th of course) because of my hate for Arsenal which has been mentioned, i'm glad it's known btw :D but of course that's not down to any tradition, that's my own personal feelings right there.

I do however feel Tottenham will beat us at the Bridge, it's just a bad feeling. They hadn't won at Old Trafford since what was it? 1989? They won there this season. They haven't beat us at Stamford Bridge since 1990, they have our former manager, they could be slightly behind us it just looks so written to me, laws of averages n all that shit. Of course i really hope i'm wrong.

Anyway it's good to see so many top level teams because it makes beating them feel sweeter and puts pressure on anyone. Even Man Utd eventually will fail to qualify in the top 4 and teams like Liverpool.... they just fade n die like West Hams bubbles. Hopefully Arsenal fade like Liverpool soon.

To beat Tottenham 5-1 at Wembley in an FA Cup Semi Final when they haven't won the FA Cup for about 12 years, was it '91? Think so. To stop them qualifying for the UCL by winning it and rubbing their noses in it and getting Harry Redknapp the sack... to then go to WHL and beat them 4-2 with 4,000 Chelsea fans singing "Champions of Europe, we know what we are!".... They fucking hate us big time, they hate Arse more but we're up there too. Would be the greatest of the great to then pip them by 1 point into the top 4, leaving them 5th and beating them in the UEL Final, the cup that we, ourselves put them in.

I personally hope we come 3rd and Tottenham 4th (Realistically, i'd rather Everton 4th of course) because of my hate for Arsenal which has been mentioned, i'm glad it's known btw :D but of course that's not down to any tradition, that's my own personal feelings right there.

I do however feel Tottenham will beat us at the Bridge, it's just a bad feeling. They hadn't won at Old Trafford since what was it? 1989? They won there this season. They haven't beat us at Stamford Bridge since 1990, they have our former manager, they could be slightly behind us it just looks so written to me, laws of averages n all that shit. Of course i really hope i'm wrong.

Anyway it's good to see so many top level teams because it makes beating them feel sweeter and puts pressure on anyone. Even Man Utd eventually will fail to qualify in the top 4 and teams like Liverpool.... they just fade n die like West Hams bubbles. Hopefully Arsenal fade like Liverpool soon.

Agree with your points...but United will always qualify for the top 4 (under Fergie) because they win those tight games even though they play like utter-crap.

Maybe someday when Fergie finally retires, they might be in danger of not qualifying for the top 4...but still, it's hard to see a top 4 without United's name in it.

I just hope Man City are knocked out of the top 4 in the coming seasons.

Hammer time: West Ham announce Olympic Stadium tenancy

capacity of at least 54,000 seats...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/live-west-ham-olympic-stadium-1778382

We need a bigger Stadium too...

Anyone who has been to that stadium will tell you that it's going to be fucking awful for football unless it changes dramatically, but it does bring up the fact that we do need to do something about our own capacity issues.

Anyone who has been to that stadium will tell you that it's going to be fucking awful for football unless it changes dramatically, but it does bring up the fact that we do need to do something about our own capacity issues.

They Gonna change the Stadium i think...

They Gonna change the Stadium i think...

They're going to reduce the capacity and cover the running track, but it's going to take a lot for that stadium to be a decent football stadium. It's strange to think of clubs moving away from Olympic stadiums into more intimate arenas, and West Ham going the other way but beggars can't be choosers.