The English Football Thread

Steve

Same here. Unless Everton can get 4th of course. It might be a long shot, but I think Everton are still in the race. They are practically only 3 points behind Spurs (6 points with a game in hand), so they can still, hopefully, do it.

Somehow, I get the feeling Everton is not gonna do it. Fellaini is out for 2 games now, I believe. Over his 10th yellow card.

• Replies 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Somehow, I get the feeling Everton is not gonna do it. Fellaini is out for 2 games now, I believe. Over his 10th yellow card.

Moreover they have 3 visits in London: against us, Spurs and Arsenal + the Merseyside derby against Liverpool.

Moreover they have 3 visits in London: against us, Spurs and Arsenal + the Merseyside derby against Liverpool.

That´s right. Just too much for Everton, I feel.

Manure are in. Citeh loggers, Chelsea, ColdSpurs & Le Arsens are fighting for the three spots.

Interesting question...if we are to make a top-4 spot, who would you like to see miss it Spurs or Arsenal? (and we'd probably all prefer Everton to pass them both but don't see that happening). I think I'd prefer Arsenal to make the top-4 because they used to actually win a lot and barely making top-4 for them is still a let-down whereas making top-4 for Spurs would be considered a very good season.

Interesting question...if we are to make a top-4 spot, who would you like to see miss it Spurs or Arsenal? (and we'd probably all prefer Everton to pass them both but don't see that happening). I think I'd prefer Arsenal to make the top-4 because they used to actually win a lot and barely making top-4 for them is still a let-down whereas making top-4 for Spurs would be considered a very good season.

Seeing arsenal not win their only "trophy" would be priceless... Spurs have Bale and if he left they wouldn't be there, but for me i would rather see arsenal not make it but either would be great.

Arsenal qualifying wont make much of a difference but if Spurs qualify, we can see players like Bale staying and others like Moutinho joining them because of the Champions League and I do not want that to happen. Putting Arsenal inside top 4 would mean Wenger and Arse management policies wouldnt change as they won their "trophy" which means that club will never improve which is always fun to watch.

But on the other hand I am tired of Wenger wanking that they have managed to finish 4th in-spite of spending less than other top clubs, also just because I know too many Arsenal fans and would like to see them suffer. :D So go Everton. :P

Call me crazy, but is anyone else glad that Tottenham have risen quite a bit and are actually neck-and-neck with us this season? Hear me out.

Tottenham - Arsenal = Huge rivalry.

Manchester United - Liverpool = Huge rivalry. (We can throw in Manchester City there too now.)

Everton - Liverpool = Huge rivalry.

Chelsea - Leeds United... err... well, we don't really see that rivalry often, do we? Could throw in West Ham United as the derby maybe..? But that's not exactly heart-stopping stuff!

Chelsea vs. Arsenal is of course a London derby, but despite many of us (including myself) despising the fans of Arsenal and many of their former players, there's no real hate for them from most of us (aside from Ollie on here I believe!). There's always been a hate between Chelsea and Tottenham though, regardless how long you've been a supporter or how much/little you know about each club. They hate us for being polar opposites of almost everything they stand for. We've always taken the piss out of their small club after humiliating them on countless occasions; But it's not as easy to do that anymore. They're now competing for the same spots we are in the same competitions that we're competing in. I think most of our fans hate them back primarily due to them being ignorant dirty cunts who think signing Chelsea rejects is some sort of achievement :D

Arsenal will always be Tottenham's biggest rival, but is Chelsea - Tottenham developing into one of the rivalries the world will stop for? I think so.

They've got our ex-manager who's working wonders over there which is making some of us feel a bit bitter.

•We recently beat them in a cup semi-final (which I can't even explain how much I enjoyed.)

•We've obviously had the history of pretty much abusing them as a team etc.

Oh, and remember that time when we won the Champions League Final thus preventing them from playing in the CL themselves the following season? Fun times.

Point is - it feels like this is finally turning into a proper rivalry. Our rivalry. Chelsea's biggest game of the year.

I know we've developed a rivalry with Manchester United over the last decade due to us being the biggest and most realistic contenders for the title for the majority of the last 10 years, but it's just not the same. It's not a derby.

The appeal of playing for Barcelona would be a lot less of an appeal if Real Madrid were to no longer exist. No one wants to join Barcelona to play in the Barcelona - Espanyol er, derby.

Having this rivalry can only help. In 10 years time, when the next Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard or whoever comes along and we're fighting for his signature, the idea of playing in THAT match between Chelsea - Tottenham has to be a lure.

I will always hope for Tottenham to lose & crash out of every cup competition, but is their rise actually good for us? I think so.

Not to mention how much passion it will bring out of our players, hopefully forever embedding them with blue hearts, eh.

142944471_display_image.jpg?1340059692

Interesting question!

Arsenal:

1. They are used to finishing top4, no big deal there.

2. Wenger would keep his job and his profit mantra.

3. AVB fucked up.

4. Bale gone and no UCL money or attraction to new players.

I prefer Le Arse, but it is perfectly debetable...

Call me crazy, but is anyone else glad that Tottenham have risen quite a bit and are actually neck-and-neck with us this season? Hear me out.

Tottenham - Arsenal = Huge rivalry.

Manchester United - Liverpool = Huge rivalry. (We can throw in Manchester City there too now.)

Everton - Liverpool = Huge rivalry.

Chelsea - Leeds United... err... well, we don't really see that rivalry often, do we? Could throw in West Ham United as the derby maybe..? But that's not exactly heart-stopping stuff!

Chelsea vs. Arsenal is of course a London derby, but despite many of us (including myself) despising the fans of Arsenal and many of their former players, there's no real hate for them from most of us (aside from Ollie on here I believe!). There's always been a hate between Chelsea and Tottenham though, regardless how long you've been a supporter or how much/little you know about each club. They hate us for being polar opposites of almost everything they stand for. We've always taken the piss out of their small club after humiliating them on countless occasions; But it's not as easy to do that anymore. They're now competing for the same spots we are in the same competitions that we're competing in. I think most of our fans hate them back primarily due to them being ignorant dirty cunts who think signing Chelsea rejects is some sort of achievement :D

Arsenal will always be Tottenham's biggest rival, but is Chelsea - Tottenham developing into one of the rivalries the world will stop for? I think so.

They've got our ex-manager who's working wonders over there which is making some of us feel a bit bitter.

•We recently beat them in a cup final (which I can't even explain how much I enjoyed.)

•We've obviously had the history of pretty much abusing them as a team etc.

Oh, and remember that time when we won the Champions League Final thus preventing them from playing in the CL themselves the following season? Fun times.

Point is - it feels like this is finally turning into a proper rivalry. Our rivalry. Chelsea's biggest game of the year.

I know we've developed a rivalry with Manchester United over the last decade due to us being the biggest and most realistic contenders for the title for the majority of the last 10 years, but it's just not the same. It's not a derby.

The appeal of playing for Barcelona would be a lot less of an appeal if Real Madrid were to no longer exist. No one wants to join Barcelona to play in the Barcelona - Espanyol er, derby.

Having this rivalry can only help. In 10 years time, when the next Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard or whoever comes along and we're fighting for his signature, the idea of playing in THAT match between Chelsea - Tottenham has to be a lure.

I will always hope for Tottenham to lose & crash out of every cup competition, but is their rise actually good for us? I think so.

Not to mention how much passion it will bring out of our players, hopefully forever embedding them with blue hearts, eh.

142944471_display_image.jpg?1340059692

I agree. I want teams like Arsenal and Spurs to do well and us to beat them. If they're shit, it's like playing QPR, if we win, so what, and if we lose, we make their year. I like Chelsea playing in a highly competitive league, it makes winning it truly amazing.

Yeh, the kid was on debut and he might have been over eager to impress....but that tackle was just shocking

Really feel bad for that young Newcastle defender, he was only on the pitch for 8 minutes (due to a prior injury to Debuchy) when that horrific tackle occured.

Hopefully that Wigan player gets a long suspension.

He will get suspended.

BUT watch the replay - he GENUINELY goes for the ball, he gets caught over the top of the ball and then into the player - it was a 50/50 ball...

So YES it was a bad tackle - but was their malice? Honestly don't think so.

People are calling for him to be banned for life!!! That's ridiculous! I bet nobody on the planet feels worse about the situation now than Mcmanaman...

Those of you so quick to say this was a bad tackle, youth shouldn't be taken into it etc... Should remember - at some point we will be playing our youth, if they did this I would support the Ban and still support the player - nothing until an EPL game, prepares you for an EPL game...

So whilst its someone else - let's be judgemental, I'm sure you'll all be as harsh if one of our players - who genuinely looks like he's trying to play the ball...

He will get suspended.

BUT watch the replay - he GENUINELY goes for the ball, he gets caught over the top of the ball and then into the player - it was a 50/50 ball...

So YES it was a bad tackle - but was their malice? Honestly don't think so.

People are calling for him to be banned for life!!! That's ridiculous! I bet nobody on the planet feels worse about the situation now than Mcmanaman...

Those of you so quick to say this was a bad tackle, youth shouldn't be taken into it etc... Should remember - at some point we will be playing our youth, if they did this I would support the Ban and still support the player - nothing until an EPL game, prepares you for an EPL game...

So whilst its someone else - let's be judgemental, I'm sure you'll all be as harsh if one of our players - who genuinely looks like he's trying to play the ball...

People calling for a life ban are just crazy. I agree with your point of view, It was a bad tackle and he'll probably get a decent suspension...

As for Chelsea playing youth...could you imagine the media if one of Chelsea's players made a tackle like that? They'd go absolutely nuts...