• Replies 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Tottenham literally committed suicide in that game which was good for us. I don't really think 4th is very nice, coming back in July to try n qualify for the UCL. Those 2 last goals were pretty funny.

A former Chelsea youngster Carl Magnay gave an interview and revealed something about AVB and his man-management while being at Chelsea.

Did the manager at the time take you to one side and offer any advice?

"The manager at the time I left was AVB. He separated the young players and placed us in another building. He had nothing to say. I took a lot of advice from Steve Holland who was a great help to me when leaving the club. He almost set up a move to Swindon for me but it fell through at the 11th hour."

Whilst at Chelsea, AVB asked the youth team to leave the premises. What was that like at the time & what impact did that have?
"AVB's decision to kick us out of the building didn't go down too well to be honest. It upset coaches and players alike. Whilst there, the youth players felt pointless. Regardless of how we performed we were never given an opportunity. He didn't have too much of an interest. He tried to change too much about the club and that includes trying to oust Lamps. He treated Anelka and Alex poorly, banning them from the dressing room and have them train separately on their own. We had recently won the youth cup and the reserve league. We had the best youth set up in the country. I think the final straw was when the first team were short for players, he used to use members of his staff to fill in instead of calling up young players and giving them first team experience in training. One day we were walking in from training and the conditioner was training with the first team as oppose to giving a young player vital experience. That said it all really."
Seriously, AVB fucked this up. What on earth was he thinking?? Pathetic, and the last words of Magnay about the conditioner in particular.

A former Chelsea youngster Carl Magnay gave an interview and revealed something about AVB and his man-management while being at Chelsea.

"The manager at the time I left was AVB. He separated the young players and placed us in another building. He had nothing to say. I took a lot of advice from Steve Holland who was a great help to me when leaving the club. He almost set up a move to Swindon for me but it fell through at the 11th hour."

Whilst at Chelsea, AVB asked the youth team to leave the premises. What was that like at the time & what impact did that have?
"AVB's decision to kick us out of the building didn't go down too well to be honest. It upset coaches and players alike. Whilst there, the youth players felt pointless. Regardless of how we performed we were never given an opportunity. He didn't have too much of an interest. He tried to change too much about the club and that includes trying to oust Lamps. He treated Anelka and Alex poorly, banning them from the dressing room and have them train separately on their own. We had recently won the youth cup and the reserve league. We had the best youth set up in the country. I think the final straw was when the first team were short for players, he used to use members of his staff to fill in instead of calling up young players and giving them first team experience in training. One day we were walking in from training and the conditioner was training with the first team as oppose to giving a young player vital experience. That said it all really."
Seriously, AVB fucked this up. What on earth was he thinking?? Pathetic, and the last words of Magnay about the conditioner in particular.

And yet there are still people who is adamant in blaming everything on the senior players for his sacking..

It is ridiculous to keep youngsters and senior at the same building, AVB knew what he was doing....

And yet there are still people who is adamant in blaming everything on the senior players for his sacking..

To be fair, that's one side of the story. I'd like to hear AVB's response to this before we should crucify anyone. Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat.