• Replies 65.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

This is gonna sound controversial but that's not the aim of this claim. De Bruyne is a more refined and better version of Gerrard. I find him more efficient and clever in his use of the ball than Gerrard. This is comparing both players at their peak. De Bruyne of course has his entire career in front of him.

Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne is the best midfield I've seen in the PL in a looong time. They're elevating the entire team. The ball circulation is mesmerising and their positioning is simply immaculate. Their touch never fails them, always turning into space to then play the ball to the right player at the right speed. The service their forwards receive is top notch.

The entire organisation of the team is amazing. Man, I love good football.

10 minutes ago, DYC. said:

This is gonna sound controversial but that's not the aim of this claim. De Bruyne is a more refined and better version of Gerrard. I find him more efficient and clever in his use of the ball than Gerrard. This is comparing both players at their peak. De Bruyne of course has his entire career in front of him.

Silva-Fernandinho-De Bruyne is the best midfield I've seen in the PL in a looong time. They're elevating the entire team. The ball circulation is mesmerising and their positioning is simply immaculate. Their touch never fails them, always turning into space to then play the ball to the right player at the right speed. The service their forwards receive is top notch.

The entire organisation of the team is amazing. Man, I love good football.

You have to give Pep credit for that. He's successfully implemented his brand of football on the Premier league.

As for De Bruyne/Gerrard. De Bruyne is more similar to Beckham than he is to Gerrard. Gerrard never played with this level of talent in his career and certainly not with such an attacking genius of a manager. That matters a lot DYC. Sterling looks like Garrincha in this team. Let's not go overboard

16 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I love how they are able to keep every short pass nicely on the ground and all the first touches seem to be close to perfect. Can't play this type of football with Bakayoko.

I get what you're saying but it's not all about Bakayoko, is it? :lol:

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

No wonder Abramovich was so desperate to get Guardiola.

Yeah but at the same time the board have fully backed Guardiola without scrimping a penny. 

Just now, communicate said:

I am not sure we are in the running for pep. I thought a while ago, he either will go to arsenal or city. Our team is not technical enough for pep 

There was the rumour that if he were to take charge he wanted to replace half of our squad. Says it all if true.

Man City are the best team this country have ever seen at the Christmas period. By far. By far.This is not just scary this season but in the seasons to come. They haven't even had the need for Mendy this season who would have been a terror down the left flank. 

Yeah but at the same time the board have fully backed Guardiola without scrimping a penny. 

Exactly. Had a better squad at Bayern & still demanded more. Only PSG or City could have satisfied him.

Man City are the best team this country have ever seen at the Christmas period. By far. By far.This is not just scary this season but in the seasons to come. They haven't even had the need for Mendy this season who would have been a terror down the left flank. 

They aren't exactly playing against the best that this country has had to offer over the years. Burnley have a legitimate case for top 4 right now.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Exactly. Had a better squad at Bayern & still demanded more. Only PSG or City could have satisfied him.

Look at the ambition our board has shown with Conte. I doubt he's losing sleep over not coming here. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

True, but his Bayern team was a machine.