Roman plans £80m Chelsea spree

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH is ready to spend another £80million this summer to bring 'sexy football' to Chelsea.

The Russian billionaire wants the Blues to play a more thrilling and attacking style next season.

He made a start by bankrolling the £72m deals for Fernando Torres and David Luiz.

The Blues owner is targeting three main roles - a creative midfielder, a flying winger and a classy right-back - and has told chief executive Ron Gourlay to draw up a wish-list.

The targets are believed to include the likes of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, Tottenham's Gareth Bale and Dutch defender Gregory van der Wiel.

Wesley Sneijder, Thomas Muller, Adam Johnson, Matt Jarvis, Ashley Young, Jack Rodwell, Marouane Fellaini, Luka Modric and Andrey Arshavin are other possibilities - all of who can inject pace into an ageing squad.

A Blues insider said: "Roman has always wanted to see a Chelsea side that played what he calls 'sexy football.'

"He'd rather see a match where they win 4-3 in swashbuckling style than grind out a 1-0 result."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3560053/Rom-plans-80m-Chelsea-spree.html#comment-rig

Why do we need a right back? Ivanovic is brilliant there, really solid and (apart from Nani in the 09 CS) i cant think of any winger that has got the better of him in that position and his attacking qualities are also very underrated (ala his run to set up Kalou in the San Siro) we scored goals for fun last season with him the 1st choice RB, its when he went to the center this season they dried up, coincidence?

Playmaker ive said all along why should we splash £30-40m for one when we have our own homegrown one that cost absolutely nowt, i believe we should start giving Josh more opportunities and we will reap rewards, having said that Modric at a fair price seems tempting.

Wingers is the main priority and we need 2 of the IMO, please god not Bale, living off the 2 Inter games and the Arsenal and Chelsea ones last season i would want us to stay as far away from his as possible (especially for £40m), Neymar and Sanchez should be the one's we look at and if he is around possibly a return for Rooben aswell.

If Drogba goes we will be in the market for a new forward but hopefully it wont come to that.

Thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt do bad against Bale tho....

I agree with tech9. Brana is an extraordinary defender but his attack looks way too uncomfortable! His crossing is just lobbing the ball in to box with no real direction or strength which makes it easy for keepers and hard for the Chelsea players to get any real power behind them. Crosses need to be low, fast, and if they don't hit a Chelsea player directly, they need to cause havoc for the defenders.

It's "The Sun" ppl. What a about FIFA Financial Fair Play rule ?

It started by 2012-2013 season and club won't be in Europe if club debts until 2014-2015 season.We will total recover our financial problem among 4 years.

Fabregas, Neymar, Aguero and Gregory van der Wiel it would be really incredible.

Van Der Wiel, Ganso and Sanchez would be perfect for me.

If Roman is feeling really generous then Neymar would be nice too

Other players that interest me would be Hamsik, Sneijder, Modric and Mata

A new reserve goalkeeper would be great too, an assistant manager and Guus Hiddink as Sporting Director

Guest justin_3d

Coming from the SUN? Another fake article!!!

Why are you bringing such an article from an unreliable source to begin with???

But I do have to point out, that they have taken my view. For months i been saying that Chelsea needs a creative midfield, a winger and right back.

And in which my favorites where Alexis Sanchez, Pastore, and Van der Wiel.