Roman wants Jose back?

Rambo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a results game.

That's your opinion and that's the mentality that is killing the game. CL football is acutally boring nowadays :fainthv9:. Football is entertainment for me.

Do you think people will be talking about the Arsenal team that played "great" football but won nowt in 20 years time?

Don't know about others but I know I will always talk about sides that played beautiful football.

People will be talking about Jose's back to back titles and Carlo's double in 20 years time without doubt.

Don't really care about that. I will always remember how we played some great football under Ancelotti last season though and even managed to score many goals in some of those games too.

Plus i dont think Jose plays boring football its just a myth, his teams average over 2 goals a game, thats far from boring.

Goals doesn't equal great entertainment for me. Effectiveness means many goals too and like killamanjaro said, you can score a lot with boring football too. When I say I love beautiful football, I mean the actual play.

And you don't have to agree with me you know, you can look at the game any way you want too.

That's your opinion and that's the mentality that is killing the game. CL football is acutally boring nowadays :fainthv9:. Football is entertainment for me.

Maybe when im watching any other team than Chelsea, but i always feel best when Chelsea win and i would much rather see us win 1-0 than draw 4-4.

Maybe when im watching any other team than Chelsea, but i always feel best when Chelsea win and i would much rather see us win 1-0 than draw 4-4.

Again, it's not just about the goals. Just because a team won 1-0, doesn't mean their play wasn't entertaining.

And who wouldn't rather win than draw or lose..

I think it's better we just stop here and agree to disagree ;).

Mourinhos Chelsea's was boring. Fact.

Chelsea under Mourinho was hated around the world and it reflected in bad decisions made by referees. Fact.

Mourinho is a great coach. Fact.

Mourinho is the most arrogant character in football. Fact.

Mourinho won 2 PL trophies because of his tatics and of the winning spirit he put on the team. Fact.

Mourinho won 2 PL trophies because of Romans billions. Fact.

Mourinhos tatics were responsible for Chelseas inability to score a fucking single goal in 180 minutes against and avarage Liverpool side in a CL sf. Fact.

Mourinho is a glory hunter. Fact.

Thats it. He is good but I dont want him and all the bad things that would come with him.

Im not anti Mourinho.

Im not anti Mourinho.

Nobody will believe you. If you dare to say anything against Mourinho, you will be shot down because this is a Chelsea forum and he's a Chelsea legend. He's above scrutiny or criticism. It doesn't matter if you repeatedly state that you have nothing but respect for him and his achievements here. Sigh.

Nobody will believe you. If you dare to say anything against Mourinho, you will shot down because this is a Chelsea forum and he's a Chelsea legend. He's above scrutiny or criticism. It doesn't matter if you repeatedly state that you have nothing but respect for him and his achievements here. Sigh.

Madmax, it was funny at first, but all you're doing is degrading the quality of the argument when you post stuff like this, and its getting a little bit annoying. I know what you're saying, but give it a break :lol:

I'm sorry but that's a horrible way of looking at things. You're saying that if you spend a lot of money and you don't win a title, you've failed. That's unrealistic. Mourinho spent 70-80 mil at Madrid and (it looks like) he's not going to win the title or the CL and he even benefited from the 250 mil spent in the summer before he came. Has he failed? Of course not, Barcelona are better than them. No shame in that, just like there's no shame in finishing behind The Invincibles. There's so much more to winning the league title or the CL than having a good team (and a good manager), you also need luck.

And you're turning this into a 'Mourinho did better than Ranieri' discussion (of course he did better than him). That's not what this is about. I said Mourinho isn't the only manager who could've managed to lead Chelsea to two titles (especially with the resources he had).

I think you will find that I responded to you're original post & I quote -

'Mourinho's tactical mastery would mean nothing without ROMAN'S MILLIONS'

So I put a counter argument to you stating that winning titles is NOT just about being given a pot of gold as Ranieri never managed it despite spending more than Jose & if you want more proof of Jose success without spending large amounts of cash then look at his achievements at Porto before he was installed as our manager.

I think you are digging yourself into a hole because you seem to have taken my posts into a different context even suggesting that I am turning this thread into a ' Mourinho did better than Rainieri' when I was merely pointing out & correctly that Mourinho spent money but made us into Champions which is something not every manager can do, you only have to look at Man City's last 2 managers, or Real Madrid when they went 4 years without a trophy early this century or Inter before they started there recent revival.

You say you are not being disrespectful of Jose but then make comments like he is tactically nothing without Romans millions - well I think that is a contradiction & also state that he is not the only manager that could of lead us to success - well that may of been so but the facts are he did lead us to success, yes Jose not Ranieri nor Joe blinking public.

You might not see coming 2nd to Barca as an under achievement & I can see were your coming from but trust me Jose will, as he strives to be the best because he has that winning mentality something he installs into his teams to make them winners.

Madmax, it was funny at first, but all you're doing is degrading the quality of the argument when you post stuff like this, and its getting a little bit annoying. I know what you're saying, but give it a break :lol:

I ain't here to amuse or entertain you. If stating exactly what's happened is 'degrading the quality of the argument', so be it. <_<

I didn't think we were boring under Jose except for the first 6 games or so. ppl remember him as boring because we didn't concede many goals or score 5's n 6's. We scored a lot of 4's tho. I remember when we beat Newcastle 4-0, sitting in a pub in kingston and thinking "fuck me, this is awesome, we're fucking quality" and even when we lost at anfield 1-0 in the ucl, the performance was fantastic. We've been a hell of a lot more boring this season under the same manager who led us to the double, scoring like 103 league goals in the process last season. We had the squad to be boring or exciting under Jose. I hate the word boring, it's solid, organised and quite frankly.... Ruthless!

Jose is simply the master and nobody who trully understands football can deny it.

I think you will find that I responded to you're original post & I quote -

'Mourinho's tactical mastery would mean nothing without ROMAN'S MILLIONS'

So I put a counter argument to you stating that winning titles is NOT just about being given a pot of gold as Ranieri never managed it despite spending more than Jose & if you want more proof if Jose success without spending large amounts of cash then look at his achievements at Proto before he was installed as our manager.

But just because Ranieri didn't win the league immediately, doesn't mean he failed. He got one year and had to win the league with a new team. And he had to finish above a side that didn't lose a single game as well (that's where the luck part comes in). That's hard and not managing that doesn't mean you failed, well not if you ask me. Mourinho did win the league in his first season so he did a great job but he did have the benefit of having a more settled team.

But again, what if Real Madrid fires Mourinho after having spent 70-80 mil and 250 mil worth of players coming in the summer before because he didn't win the league (or won the CL). Would you say he failed or is this a case of impatience from Real Madrid?

If you start a project like Roman's, you should appoint a manager and give him a realistic amount of time to achieve the goals you have set for him. Manuel Pellegrini didn't fail at Madrid, Real was just impatient.

I know what he did at Porto (and Uniao de Leiria before that) but we are not talking about Mourinho's achievements as a manager here.

I think you are digging yourself into a hole because you seem to have taken my posts into a different context even suggesting that I am turning this thread into a ' Mourinho did better than Rainieri' when I was merely pointing out & correctly that Mourinho spent money but made us into Champions which is something not every manager can do, you only have to look at Man City last 2 managers, or Real Madrid when they went 4 years without a trophy early this decade or Inter before they started there recent revival.

Yes, what Mourinho did is something that not every manager can do. Never said the opposite.

You say you are not being disrespectful of Jose but then make comments like he is tactically nothing without Romans millions - well I think that is a contradiction & also state that he is not the only manager that could if lead us to success - well that may of been so but the facts are he did lead us to success, yes Jose not Ranieri nor Joe blinking public.

I never said Mourinho is tactically nothing without Roman's millions, I said that him being a great tactician wouldn't mean a thing without having great team (thanks to Roman's millions), which was a reply to Terminator X's comment saying that Mourinho being a great tactician led us to titles.

You might not see coming 2nd to Barca as an under achievement & I can see were your coming from but trust me Jose will as he strives to be the best because he has that winning mentality something he installs into his teams to make them winners.

These are assumptions though. I don't think he'll see coming second to arguably one of the greatest sides in the history of the game as an underachievement with a 'brand new' team, still having to get used to each other, getting used to the league and growing an understandment with each other. All things Barcelona do have. But you might be right, I might be right, we don't know what goes through his mind

And I'll say this just so nobody starts thinking the opposite, Mourinho is a great coach and he achieved great things at Chelsea.

Mourinhos Chelsea's was boring. Fact. NOT A FACT, PLEASE EXPLAIN?

Chelsea under Mourinho was hated around the world and it reflected in bad decisions made by referees. Fact. WHAT DECISIONS WOULD THAT BE? IF WE ARE HATED BY AROUND THE WORLD WHY DO WE HAVE A HUGE MULTI CULTURAL FAN BASE FROM MANY COUNTRIES & IT'S EVEN EVIDENT ON THIS FORUM.

Mourinho is a great coach. Fact. I CONCUR!

Mourinho is the most arrogant character in football. Fact. AGREE BUT THAT ALSO MAKES HIM A WINNER & HIS TEAMS CHAMPIONS & DOUBLE CL WINNERS.

Mourinho won 2 PL trophies because of his tatics and of the winning spirit he put on the team. Fact. YEAH I GO ALONG WITH THAT.

Mourinho won 2 PL trophies because of Romans billions. Fact. CONTRADICTION SEE YOU'RE ABOVE POINT.

Mourinhos tatics were responsible for Chelseas inability to score a fucking single goal in 180 minutes against and avarage Liverpool side in a CL sf. Fact. AN AVERAGE LIVERPOOL SIDE THAT WENT ON TO LIFT THE TROPHY, EIDUR GUDJONSEN MISSED AN OPEN GOAL RIGHT AT THE END OF THE SECOND LEG CAN'T BLAME JOSE FOR THAT.

Mourinho is a glory hunter. Fact. DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS COMMENT AT ALL, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Thats it. He is good but I dont want him and all the bad things that would come with him. FAIR COMMENT & YOU'RE OPINION.

Im not anti Mourinho.

And I'll say this just so nobody starts thinking the opposite, Mourinho is a great coach and he achieved great things at Chelsea.

Jose had the same problems in overcoming an unbeaten Arsenal side & despatched them by winning the title by 12 points - there's no luck in that so don't see were you are coming from?

I already stated that Jose benefited from some of Ranieri signing namely the great Makelele but he also introduced Drogba, Carvalho, Ferreira & promoted Cech to the number 1 keeper ahead of an already quality one in Cudicini, he then gave that side confidence & a will to win, motivation, made them think they were the best team in the world, that's why he ALSO managed it in his first season.

Jose is not happy with his squad at Real Madrid & made noises in Jan transfer window, this is despite the previous manager spending 220m so he clearly wants to add his own stamp on them by signing some new acquisitions. Jose will not settle for 2nd & will strive to get passed them, most people will probably agree that there's no disgrace In coming second best to arguably the best footballing side ever but Jose will strive to find a way to topple them.

I will not comment on the rest of you're last post as I think we are going round in circles & am getting dizzy now!

Let's not pretend that Mourinho would have come to Chelsea even if he didn't have Roman's millions backing him ...

Why does that matter?

He fell in love with the club, and will forever be a cult figure here.

The fact you hate Mourinho but love Kalou, is the most retarded thing in the history of anything btw.

Why does that matter?

He fell in love with the club, and will forever be a cult figure here.

The fact you hate Mourinho but love Kalou, is the most retarded thing in the history of anything btw.

Here here!

It doesn't matter how Mourinho did it, or if he only did it because of the money blah blah point is that he did it, and he gave the club the title it had been waiting 50 years for.