Roman wants Jose back?

Rambo

Roman is the real special one.

Yea, his tactical mastery won us back to back league titles under that portuguese guy, or whatever his name was. :rolleyes:

"If Roman Abramovich helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league, and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt"

- Jose' Mourinho

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, his tactical mastery won us back to back league titles under that portuguese guy, or whatever his name was. :rolleyes:

"If Roman Abramovich helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league, and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt"

- Jose' Mourinho

Mourinho's tactical mastery would mean nothing without Roman's millions.

And not trying to take any credit away from Mourinho but let us please not act as if Mourinho was the only one who could lead us to succes, especially since the only serious challengers for the title were a average Man Utd side and Arsene's new project.

Mourinho's tactical mastery would mean nothing without Roman's millions.

And not trying to take any credit away from Mourinho but let us please not act as if Mourinho was the only one who could lead us to succes, especially since the only serious challengers for the title were a average Man Utd side and Arsene's new project.

Uh incase you've forgotten Ranieri spent more in his only season with Roman in power than Jose did & failed. Arsene's new project? What the very same team that won the title the year before without losing a single game. Agreed about Man U but how many records did we make that season, most points & least goals conceded were 2 I can remember off the top of my head.

Uh incase you've forgotten Ranieri spent more in his only season with Roman in power than Jose did & failed. Arsene's new project? What the very same team that won the title the year before without losinga game. Agreed about Man U but hoe many records to we make that season, molst points,

You sure about Rainieri spending more than Mourinho did in his three years (and a few months) at Chelsea? And I wouldn't call finishing 2nd in the league behind the Invincibles and reaching the semi-finals of the CL failing.

I was wrong about Arsenal in the 2004/2005 season but they did start to decline, especially from 2005/2006 going, and that's when the new project started.

And I didn't say everybody could've led us to succes but Mourinho not being the only one (ignoring records and such because nobody would mind a championship without breaking a single record). And I'll say it again, not trying to take anything away from Mourinho's achievements.

You sure about Rainieri spending more than Mourinho did in his three years (and a few months) at Chelsea? And I wouldn't call finishing 2nd in the league behind the Invincibles and reaching the semi-finals of the CL failing.

I was wrong about Arsenal in the 2004/2005 season but they did start to decline, especially from 2005/2006 going, and that's when the new project started.

And I didn't say everybody could've led us to succes but Mourinho not being the only one (ignoring records and such because nobody would mind a championship without breaking a single record). And I'll say it again, not trying to take anything away from Mourinho's achievements.

Yep, Ranieri spent approximately 120m compared to Mourinho's 80m'ish in their first season under Roman. Sorry fella but finishing 2nd after spending 120m is a failure in my book & when you compare it to Jose's first season of winning the Prem & league cup, & getting knocked out in the semi-finals of the CL to a goal that never was then there's a huge difference, although Ranieri signed the likes of Makelele so he has to be given credit but Jose was the one who made it happen not Roman, nor Ranieri.

:goodpost: Spot on lad!!! :clap:

haven't been on for a few days---haven't read over many comments----but this i agree with------in a way would love to see him back...in another his time has gone (this may sound contradictory---but i have consumed a few)...too much controversy, yet i defend him like fcuk in all arguments----the world is against his teams..esp bara/platina/eufa cos he confronts controvesry (sp) straight on, he will not let the dominant team/manager win on record/support alone....barca say what they want---there players do so esp on the field, ??? every decision against them they fcukn surround/hound the ref,,,,,,respect my arse---utd also ?? decisions and there manager is the most outspoken against ref's but still nothing of significance happens (don't take me back to the days of keane etc---guided by their manager at that time no doubt)...........i said it last time it could occur and i said it immediately i heard the draw, this is exactly what platini/eufa wanted---barca/utd final.....jose upset the apple cart last year..././......i know everyone wants fancy footballl...but winning is the real objective---jose is a master of that....in ten ears time will the records show it was inter that won but they played shit or barca that lost playing majestic football----------bring back the winner i say........how many records did we set under him yet old blue nose had a free run for years and set very few..................can i just say that i'm not in the favour of getting rid of carlo ...but if he's going i'd like jose back or else his prev companion---the porto manager...boaz...or is he just lucky that that comp is shit---even scumpool got to the 1/4's.

Money means nothing unless you have the right manager and back room staff. You can spend millions and millions but if your back room staff is not up to standard then you will not win a league title. If you own a highly profitable business you need the right people with the right skills around you or you will not reach full potential.

With no outstanding candidate available this Summer (barring Mourinho being sacked by Madrid and even then there is the big question if he can Roman could work together again) it looks more and more likely that Carlo Ancelotti will get next season, finish out his contract and then Pepe Guardiola will arrive. Personally Im a fan of Pep's I think him a great manager.

I think there are to many on here that suffer from amnesia or have selective memorys?

I didn't any see negative comments last season when Jose's Inter knocked out Barca last season, infact he was heralded as a tactical genius because of it, yet now he employs the same tactics against arguably the best footballing side ever he gets slated! The last time he went toe to toe with Barca they got thumped 5 nil, so he is hardly going to throw the kitchen sink at them ffs! That said Barca antics are atrocious & embarrassing to watch.

I find it annoying when when posters on here are throwing negative comments about a manager that brought us our first title, then back to back titles & finished off with a cup double in final season & if it wasn't for an horrendous injury list that season including injuries to the best keeper in the world at the time & the best back up keeper then we may well of won a treble! We weren't always boring to watch either, we played some great stuff at times but when Robben, Duff & Joey Cole were injured Jose had to revert to a different formation that WAS successful, the negative was that Jose never let his sides go on to winning with a bigger margin & that's one thing that I can applaud Ancelotti for doing.

I've been a Chelsea fan for twice as long as some have been born on here & had to go through many seasons of heartache, so when a manager comes along like Mourinho & brings you a Prem title that you never thought would happen in your lifetime you become attached to him, he may never be our manager again & possibly is part of our history but the guys a winner & should command nothing but respect from every Chelsea fan for his achievements & trophies that he brought to our club, sometimes people are far too ignorant & cannot see the wood for the trees!

Rant over!

Superb post my friend.

People go a little over the top when they say we played 'boring' football. The only difference between then and now was that Mourinho would be contented with a 2-0 lead and would not risk us conceding sloppy goals. Ancelotti prefers to go for the throat.

Yep, Ranieri spent approximately 120m compared to Mourinho's 80m'ish in their first season under Roman. Sorry fella but finishing 2nd after spending 120m is a failure in my book & when you compare it to Jose's first season of winning the Prem & league cup, & getting knocked out in the semi-finals of the CL to a goal that never was then there's a huge difference, although Ranieri signed the likes of Makelele so he has to be given credit but Jose was the one who made it happen not Roman, nor Ranieri.

I'm sorry but that's a horrible way of looking at things. You're saying that if you spend a lot of money and you don't win a title, you've failed. That's unrealistic. Mourinho spent 70-80 mil at Madrid and (it looks like) he's not going to win the title or the CL and he even benefited from the 250 mil spent in the summer before he came. Has he failed? Of course not, Barcelona are better than them. No shame in that, just like there's no shame in finishing behind The Invincibles. There's so much more to winning the league title or the CL than having a good team (and a good manager), you also need luck.

And you're turning this into a 'Mourinho did better than Ranieri' discussion (of course he did better than him). That's not what this is about. I said Mourinho isn't the only manager who could've managed to lead Chelsea to two titles (especially with the resources he had).

That goes without saying though.

But that was what Henrique meant, at least that's what I think he meant.

I agree there. Mourinho spent that £80 million on top of the £120 million Ranieri had spent. Remember Cech, Robben, Duff, Bridge, Cole, Johnson and so on were signed by Ranieri, and of course Lampard years beforehand.

Exactly. And the fact that the players got used to Chelsea and/or England before he came only made it easier for him.

What the fuck with all these anti-Jose posts?

I want Carlo to stay but that does not mean i dont love Jose for what he has done for the club, have you forgotten this is the man that came into our club and won back to back titles with ultimate ease, turned Lamps and JT amongst others from obvious talents to the world beaters they are today, yes he had money to spend but he came in after Arsenal went unbeaten the whole season and had the likes of Henry, Vieira and Pires ALL in their prime and if its so easy to spend and win why is Mancini making a meal of it? Why have Madrid not been dominating world football for the last 20 years? He gave our players the winning mentality that they still hold today.

This boring football myth has been well over-said, did you see us in 04/05 and to a lesser extend 05/06 when Robben and Duff were tearing teams apart? we were playing superb football, goals were coming from every where, a boring team dont score 11 goals in 4 games against Barca (2) and Bayern (2) do they? we may not have played with the "swagger" of Barca but we certainly weren't boring that's for sure. You don't constantly outwit Fergie and Wenger if your a bad manager, Jose has only lost 2 out of 22 against these 2 combined (both to Fergie).

Want proof he aint over-rated? watch the team he won the treble with lose at home to Schalke badly, cant believe any-one thinks he is doing a bad job at Madrid, he is the 1st manager to get that team further than the 2nd round since 2003 and his record in the league states P33 W25 D5 L3 F79 A26 PTS 80 thats nearly 2.5 goals a game (not bad for a "boring mananger") and that points tally in the premier league this season would see them 7 points clear with a game in hand, the fact he is struggling to oust Barca goes to show how good this Barca side are more than anything else, Jose is doing fine at Madrid yes he played negative tactics against Barca but FFS if you don't you get thumped, name me one team thats played Barca at their own game and came out with something better than a heavy loss? Didnt hear any Chelsea fan complain when Guss Hiddink did the same.

TBH it profounds me how any Chelsea fan can even think of a bad word about Jose as i have nothing but love, respect and appreciation for the man.

What the fuck with all these anti-Jose posts?

Sigh, I stopped reading here. I'm not anti-anybody. Like I said before and will say for the last time, not trying to take any credit away from Mourinho but you can also exaggerate someone's achievements. I have nothing but love and respect for Mourinho, just don't agree with his 'all about the results' mentality. I'm a lover of the beautiful game.

Sigh, I stopped reading here. I'm not anti-anybody. Like I said before and will say for the last time, not trying to take any credit away from Mourinho but you can also exaggerate someone's achievements. I have nothing but love and respect for Mourinho, just don't agree with his 'all about the results' mentality. I'm a lover of the beautiful game.

Football is a results game.

Do you think people will be talking about the Arsenal team that played "great" football but won nowt in 20 years time?

People will be talking about Jose's back to back titles and Carlo's double in 20 years time without doubt.

Plus i dont think Jose plays boring football its just a myth, his teams average over 2 goals a game, thats far from boring.