Roman wants Jose back?

Rambo

Roman Abramovich has set his sights on bringing former manager Jose Mourinho back to Chelsea, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish daily Sport claims the Russian billionaire is desperate to bring the Portuguese back to Stamford Bridge, despite their acrimonious split in 2007, and is willing to hand him complete control over all footballing matters at the club.

After winning two Premier League titles in his last spell at the club, Mourinho left after falling out with Abramovich but the pair are now thought to have repaired their relationship and reportedly speak often.

Since he left the club, Mourinho has won the Champions League with Inter Milan and is into the semi-finals of this year's competition with current club Real Madrid.

817-grey.gif

Meanwhile Abramovich is on his fourth boss since Mourinho left, and none of them have been able to deliver the European glory he craves.

Mourinho lifted the Copa del Rey with Real Madrid last week but is known to be unhappy at the club, particularly over the role of Real general manager Jorge Valdano and Abramovich is convinced he can tempt his old employee back to London.

Mourinho himself has often talked about his desire to return to the Premier League.

Just last month he said: "I miss England and my next job will be in England. There is unfinished business.

"And I think England wants me back, no? It was the most enjoyable time of my career."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz1KTlNzSFK

No direct quotes or anything so I wouldn't look too far into it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman told Jose to go to hell with his boring football and people stay saying he could return to us...He is the next United manager. We will stay with Ancelotti one more season and then Guardiola will arrive. End of story.

It's easy to say no to Jose', because we know he will never return.

The only place in the Premier League he could possibly join is us because he thinks that joining a rival club to a team he's already managed is impossible!

I just go by that!

Roman told Jose to go to hell with his boring football and people stay saying he could return to us...He is the next United manager. We will stay with Ancelotti one more season and then Guardiola will arrive. End of story.

And if Guardiola fails to lift any trophies in his first season.. What then? Will Roman be patient and allow long-term stability?

Edited by LDN Blue

At the end of an interview after he left chelsea didn't he turn round as he walked away and say "I'll be back here one day" or something. It may have been wishful thinking on my part as I don't recall ever having seen it again but I vividly remember seeing something like that on that day.

And if Guardiola fails to lift any trophies in his first season.. What then? Will Roman be patient and allow long-term stability?

We already know the answer to that! If Roman has a very short patience, he will just sack him and go find someone else who is better than him.

That's why I stick by Carlo, because whether we win any trophies or not, he should keep his job so that he can have a chance to rebuild our squad with the players he wants! Like many have said on this forum, Carlo is a world class manager! I just don't think this season has gone well for us.. for two reasons.. 1) because of the heavy number of first team players we lost from the year we were champions.. and 2) injuries to key players such as Lampard!

It was never Carlo's fault, he just had to go with what was available to him at the time, whilst using alien tactics as opposed to what the Chelsea team have been used to for a number of years, (that being 4-3-3), and it hadn't worked. If injuries weren't a prime factor, I don't think our crisis in November/December would have existed, and we would have been top by now!

Edited by CJ Revo

You really think Roman will just say "there your are Jose, my mistake unlimited funds, take control" i love both of them but either ego wont work together again unless the other admits they were wrong and they were right, it just aint gunna happen.

How do you know that?

See it:

1- Im convinced that the board ( Roman ) will let Carlo stay one more season. He as one more year left in his contract, we will end up in 2nd, we want to break even, so he will realize that keeping Carlo is the right thing to do.

2- We have two possibilities in next season: we will have a season with results below the expectations ( CL trophy and PL trophy ) or a superb season, with a PL trophy, CL or even both.

3- Carlo´s contract will end and we will find another manager in both scenarios:

a) Carlo will be the resposible for another bad season, and of course we wont offer him a new contract.

b ) After wining another PL trophy or becoming the first manager to give Chelsea the CL glory he will see his 3 years spell at Chelsea as good enough, he will be the first manager to survive Roman's axe, and will also return home with major trophies.

4- Guardiolas contract ends in the fall of next season, and he already said he wont stay beyond that. With Carlo's departute he will be the best manager available and the perfect one for the sexy game that Roman dream about.

See it:

1- Im convinced that the board ( Roman ) will let Carlo stay one more season. He as one more year left in his contract, we will end up in 2nd, we want to break even, so he will realize that keeping Carlo is the right thing to do.

2- We have two possibilities in next season: we will have a season with results below the expectations ( CL trophy and PL trophy ) or a superb season, with a PL trophy, CL or even both.

3- Carlo´s contract will end and we will find another manager in both scenarios:

a) Carlo will be the resposible for another bad season, and of course we wont offer him a new contract.

b ) After wining another PL trophy or becoming the first manager to give Chelsea the CL glory he will see his 3 years spell at Chelsea as good enough, he will be the first manager to survive Roman's axe, and will also return home with major trophies.

4- Guardiolas contract ends in the fall of next season, and he already said he wont stay beyond that. With Carlo's departute he will be the best manager available and the perfect one for the sexy game that Roman dream about.

Perfectly logical, only thing is would we be the only ones going in for guardiola? what if city hold onto mancini for one more year and go after him as well? make him the highest paid manager in world football with truly unlimited transfer funds? might be hard to turn that down even if we do look the more logical offer for immediate success.