Hello from Plymouth

Hello

My first team is Plymouth Argyle FC[ which I am sure you have been following the bad news about administration etc, and the fact we are going down to league 2] but my second team is Chelsea

I live in Plymouth, Devon, and get to a few games a season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome :wave:

I'm sure you appreciated the services of Conor Clifford when you had him ;)

We certainly did. If the transfer embargo had no struck he would still be with us. What a fantastic corner taker and a fast midfielder who could link up well. One for the future guys

We certainly did. If the transfer embargo had no struck he would still be with us. What a fantastic corner taker and a fast midfielder who could link up well. One for the future guys

We love him on this forum! Him and Josh McEachran, they're the future of our club :D

pity Sinclair didnt stay with you instead of going on loan to Wigan

pity Sinclair didnt stay with you instead of going on loan to Wigan

Also a superb player, scored two of the best goals I have ever seen at Barnet and against Palace. Both times he started in his own half then skimmed 3 or 4 players before poking the ball into the net. Class footballer

Hello

My first team is Plymouth Argyle FC[ which I am sure you have been following the bad news about administration etc, and the fact we are going down to league 2] but my second team is Chelsea

I live in Plymouth, Devon, and get to a few games a season.

Your home town club are a disgrace not paying players since December.:) Only joking,I hope they pull through and have learned lessons. Did you watch that thing on the trillion dollar con man ( or something like that) the other day, programme about Notts county and who was actually behind it all.

Probably see you in league 2 next season,welcome back after living the dream in the championship. League 2 is just a horribley tough league where 95% of clubs are skint,but it's competitive and fairly even. My home town club Lincoln have never had 2 pennies to rub together,always loaning in a ridiculous amount of players each season and all our players are only on 1 year contracts. It's time money in football was spread more evenly. So atleast in league 2 you'll be in good company.

Your home town club are a disgrace not paying players since December.:) Only joking,I hope they pull through and have learned lessons. Did you watch that thing on the trillion dollar con man ( or something like that) the other day, programme about Notts county and who was actually behind it all.

Probably see you in league 2 next season,welcome back after living the dream in the championship. League 2 is just a horribley tough league where 95% of clubs are skint,but it's competitive and fairly even. My home town club Lincoln have never had 2 pennies to rub together,always loaning in a ridiculous amount of players each season and all our players are only on 1 year contracts. It's time money in football was spread more evenly. So atleast in league 2 you'll be in good company.

The thing is though, if the staff dont work unpaid the club folds. However now it appears there are two investors who are debating and persuading the stakeholders. We will be fine I hope now. Only today the players donated their PFA wages to the staff, a great bunch of loyal honest lads

The thing is though, if the staff dont work unpaid the club folds. However now it appears there are two investors who are debating and persuading the stakeholders. We will be fine I hope now. Only today the players donated their PFA wages to the staff, a great bunch of loyal honest lads

It was on SSN earlier that the players had given up 15% of their wages so staff could be paid. Has the same thing happened there as at county? Someone promising money but failing to deliver? When you think of what Torres gets in a week could do so much to a league 2 club.

It was on SSN earlier that the players had given up 15% of their wages so staff could be paid. Has the same thing happened there as at county? Someone promising money but failing to deliver? When you think of what Torres gets in a week could do so much to a league 2 club.

The problem down here was this: We had a huge world cup bid going and got it for england 2018. A new 46 000 seater stadium was set to be built up untill the announcement england were not the host. Millions of pounds that we did not have were thrown into the club by telecoms Keith Todd and ex Man U chairman Roy Gardener. Not to mention the japanese investor Yasuaki Kagami who refused to invest a penny.

Welcome mate, hopefully your club sort themselves out, it's sad to see any team go through that unless of course if it happened to Arsenal. I know there's loads of Man Utd fans down there so maybe u like Chelsea to get back at them? more like a Man Utd hater :D

Enjoy your stay mate

The problem down here was this: We had a huge world cup bid going and got it for england 2018. A new 46 000 seater stadium was set to be built up untill the announcement england were not the host. Millions of pounds that we did not have were thrown into the club by telecoms Keith Todd and ex Man U chairman Roy Gardener. Not to mention the japanese investor Yasuaki Kagami who refused to invest a penny.

Oh yes I remember now. Basically as soon as the England bid was off and the new stadium wasn't going to happen the investors lost interest. I say investors, although they've probably not spent a penny of their own money. Bit like this bloke at Notts.county,clever what he did though. How he was passed as a fit and proper persons i'll never know.