Why Chelsea ?

dave30

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman Abramovich's money :ph34r:

Nah :lol: - if I'm honest, it was the colour blue LOL! All my mates were either United or Arsenal, so I asked one of my friends give me a team in blue and they said Chelsea! Didn't really start supporting properly till 2000 though.

Roman Abramovich's money :ph34r:

Nah :lol: - if I'm honest, it was the colour blue LOL! All my mates were either United or Arsenal, so I asked one of my friends give me a team in blue and they said Chelsea! Didn't really start supporting properly till 2000 though.

Exact same story as you, believe it or not. Except I started in 2002.

For me, my Grandmother on my mum's side lived in Chelsea for a while and she always lover Peter Bonetti. He is doing a signing at the megastore soon so i am going to go get a photo with him and give it to her as a gift. Also my Dad always supported Chelsea since the mid 70's. So i got family background. Being in Australia they have only recently in the last 6 years started playing every chelsea game so i have not missed a game for a long time. But before that they played a game every once every couple of weeks.

Its awesome that Australia has the rights to every premier league game now, and most Champions league also.

Also in the Australian football league the team i support is the Carlton Football Club who is CFC also. Our logo is this -

m.jpg

Chelsea had pretty much the same logo in there early days :)

0,,10268%7E3000106,00.jpg

The things that drew me to Chelsea in short (no particular order):

1. The colour blue

2. Eidur Gudjohnsen

3. Stamford Bridge*

4. The fact that nobody, well nobody I knew, seemed to like Chelsea (everybody liked Real, Arsenal, Man Utd etc. and I don't like 'liking what everybody else likes).

And after that I fell in love I guess.

(can't believe I forgot about that, I absolutely loved the stadium the first time I saw it)

DIDIER Drogba

I was at university and a bunch of guys were watching a champions league game. I started watching it and after the match all I wanted was to see some more of that fine sexy piece of African ass. Ever since then, I have been doing just that. I started watching Chelsea cause of Drogba but now I watch Drogba cause of Chelsea, hard-core Chelsea fan now, not just Drogba.

DIDIER Drogba

I was at university and a bunch of guys were watching a champions league game. I started watching it and after the match all I wanted was to see some more of that fine sexy piece of African ass. Ever since then, I have been doing just that. I started watching Chelsea cause of Drogba but now I watch Drogba cause of Chelsea, hard-core Chelsea fan now, not just Drogba.

Yep I can so relate to that, but it's Lamps in my case. Needless to say, Frank won't be around much longer, but I'm Blue forever.

1) My Uncle is a massive Chelsea supporter, he's been following the team since Ray Wilkins, Kerry Dixon and Chopper!

2) My Grandad used to cycle to Stamford Bridge on a regular basis in his youth.

3) I started being a supporter in mid 1997 when I watch Roberto Di Matteo scored after 30 seconds in the FA Cup Final against Middlesbrough. After seeing that win, it gave me a real rush to start following them because I enjoyed their style of play, and I really thought Dennis Wise was an excellent captain at the time!

KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

I like the players, the stadium, our emblem, our chants and our songs, our money, our titles and that most of my favorite players play for us. My favorite color is blue also :)

Besides that, I also like people who search a bit before they post a thread :whistling:

I liked the fact that they were under dogs, then I started reading about the club on Wikipedia and next thing I know I was watching the games on weekly bases. It's probably as hard to answer as why do people fall in love? For me it surely wasn't the money or the players because back then I didn't know much about football, the players and those sums didn't say much to me. Might be the colour aswell, who knows but I'm hooked either way. My fav. colour is green (No, I do not follow Celtic dave30 :D)

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Well..I've been a Juventus supporter since 2004 (When i was 9 years old), and i will always be one. Before supporting Chelsea, i loved the premier league and watched it everytime i could, and for me it is the best league in the world. I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea since i watched Chelsea vs Barca in 2005? Where we won 4-2. For some reason i loved the jerseys and the stadium and the actual team. So since then i've kept an eye out for Chelsea results without really supporting them. At the beginning of this season i said i'm actually going to start supporting Chelsea, because there not a common team in Melbourne, i only know 3 people personally that support them, the rest support Scum/Madrid/Liverpool and so on..I didn't want to be one of them because their all cocky so Chelsea it was. And you know, they have great players like Lampard, Essien, Ashley Cole, Drogba and JT (Who has been one of my favourite players ever since watching my first Chelsea match against Barca). I hope i don't be seen as a plastic fan since i supported Chelsea after winning the 'double' because even if we didn't win any trophies i would still have supported Chelsea, like i said i have a soft spot for Chelsea since 2005. When we went through our bad moment this season, i never lost hope and i was always depressed when we lost like any other fan would. I faked a sickie to not go school and stay at home to watch the UCL match vs scum, just to watch Chelsea.

Anyway that's my story!