Alessandro Nesta

Tomo

Alessandro Nesta is apparently wanted by Arsenal and Spurs in the summer, but could it be worth a punt for us on a short term deal?

It is clear Bruma is no-where near ready yet and with his likely departure or loan out (hopefully the later) with Ivanovic's likely and hopeful move to RB permantely there will be room for another centre half we can do a lot worse.

With experience shafted for youth last summer and more of the same likely this time round he will offer us valuable experience for the young guys and with 3 other CB's there wont be a need to play him every game and if he does struggle we wont really lose out much because he was free.

He still has a good couple of years left, 1 year deal with option of a further year, why not?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He still has a good couple of years left, 1 year deal with option of a further year, why not?

Because CB isn't a position in our squad that needs strengthening. I genuinely believe we have the best group of 4 CB's in the world in JT, Luiz, Alex and Ivanovic. Adding Nesta to that would be pointless, plus the wages he would command for such a short term deal would be ridiculous.

This would be WORSE than the Torres transfer. Completely the wrong type of player to sign.. I'd give up on all hope for next season if this comes true.

Torres was a genius transfer. There would have been no better time to ever land Fernando than when we did. You dont think that Chelsea can bring more out of Torres than Liverpool did? Have faith and support your team!

This would be WORSE than the Torres transfer. Completely the wrong type of player to sign.. I'd give up on all hope for next season if this comes true.

Behave, judge Torres after 18 months, not 693 minutes that feature piss-poor service.

Behave, judge Torres after 18 months, not 693 minutes that feature piss-poor service.

Torres was a genius transfer. There would have been no better time to ever land Fernando than when we did. You dont think that Chelsea can bring more out of Torres than Liverpool did? Have faith and support your team!

:lol: my apologies guys! Said in haste..

*correction:

Worst transfer since.. Signing Quaresma on loan! :lol:

Nope, wouldn't like him here, and especially if we bring a right back. To have Ivanovic and Alex sit on the bench and also a young and promising Bruma nowhere near a chance to get some first team action and bring another defender? Nope...even if he's good and cheap. It's not like we are short on money :eyebrows:

The right players I believe we need are those around the age of 20-24 who are young but not too young, but also players who are yet to reach their best. Players like Luiz and Ramires who can play for us for quite some time and really become a part of our club, instead of experienced and oldish players from other teams who are well past their best.

I believe he'll probably end in London if he leaves, but not at the Bridge.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You