West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Yes, and this was against relegation fodder

You're calling West Brom relegation fodder!?

Dude, you really need to look at the Premier League table more often. They are in fact 10th place at the moment, and... if you can remember that far back, they were able to beat Arsenal 3-2 at the Emirates.

A yo-yo club they might have been in previous years, but they've looked a much more organised team under Hodgson. If our form was nowhere near as good as it was today after going a goal gown we would have lost!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're calling West Brom relegation fodder!?

Dude, you really need to look at the Premier League table more often.

So do you.

By the end of the season they will be there or thereabouts.

They have played 1 more game than 14th place Birmingham, and are just 5 points ahead of wigan FFS.

I do not understand all the fuss about the playing time given to Torres... Carlo has made what he should have done since the begining, ie give him few minutes, and then gradually give him more time. I hope he (Carlo) will give Torres just 20 minutes next time, and so on...

Because the way he has integrated the team isn't the right way if you ask me. He never should have start against Liverpool.

The partnership Mikel-Essien was very good today, I hope to see it again.

Anelka played well? And what point was Carlo proving? That he's not handled the Torres situation well at all? I agree Drogba should have started based on form, but knowing what Torres is going through and the intense scrutiny on his goal drought, what's the point of bringing him on for 9 minutes?

Can you imagine if Ancelotti keeps subbing Torres on for 10 or 15 minutes for the rest of the season? Okay, Torres is off-form, but that would be devastating to the man and his confidence. Do you want him to bring that into the next season? I guess if Carlo isn't going to be around, he won't care. If that's the case, it's s really crappy way to handle a player. Rooney's a dick and even Ferguson didn't yank his chain like this during his months and months of poor form.

My apoligizes, I meant to say Kalou. How has he not? Who gives a fuck about his drought, People think he should be brought on because 'He's Fernando Torres and he needs a goal', No way. If you play well, you play, If you don't, you shouldn't, Torres isn't playing well, He shouldn't play, and he got 9 minutes today, a fresh Torres against a very tired team and it looked like he had a chance of scoring, So many times we've seen Torres been brought on around the 60th minute mark and do fuck all.

After the shakey start where we conceded the goal (btw guys neither Luiz or Terry were at fault there, watch the goal again and you will see just how far out of position Ashley Cole is, the gap between him and Terry is huge and thats where Odemwingie got in) Mikel and Essien were superb sitting in front of the back four, both absolutely dominated the game, Lampard was excellent in making things happen, Cole's offered such a dangerous threat going forward down the left and was always the outball, Malouda and Kalou were both on their games today and both always carried a threat but the star performance came from Didier Drogba who entered a masterclass in target man striking, he was everywhere today and had a big hand in all 3 goals (scoring 1) his reutnr to top form continued today as did his goal run, the problem we now have is that with Drogba showing this kind of form and Ancelotti saying Drogba has a future at the club for next season, what in the world do we do with Torres?

btw he was unlucky not to score today, I really thought he had but turns out it was offside.

That 2-1 in the middle is working very well.

Yes it did, amazing how one small change made such an huge difference in our midfield-play. Hope it wasn't just our day today and that the change will cause a lasting positive effect.

I just saw Kalou's goal again... And I wonder something, how with a such good finishing (on this goal) can he manage to miss tap-ins ?

Isn't that all part of the fun of Kalou? To quote Forrest Gump Kalou "is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you're gonna get" some days he is great, other days mind boggling, today was a good day for him.

So do you.

By the end of the season they will be there or thereabouts.

They have played 1 more game than 14th place Birmingham, and are just 5 points ahead of wigan FFS.

You can only beat what is out there in front of you. Sorry we can't play Barcelona every week and beat them 4-0.

You can only beat what is out there in front of you. Sorry we can't play Barcelona every week and beat them 4-0.

What are you on about?

I think you've missed the point here, even though I made it crystal clear.

Which was, if your 3-1 up at half time against a team like west brom, you let Torres have a good 20+ minutes (at least) to get a much needed goal, which will benefit not only him but the entire team. It's was the perfect opportunity.

If we play Torres, people say Ancelotti out because he played a out of form striker

If we don't play Torres, people say Ancelotti out because we didn't play him and give him a chance to score his first

Shape up, it's: 1) Club 2) Players ... We shouldn't give a damn who scores what as long as we win the games, we did just that with ease and we are still not happy, spoilt fans.

Did Lamps bury that shot? :lol:

Indeed he did. Thats best of seen the lads warm up for a while since i have been back in England. Everyone was hitting the target which was good to see!